“Outstanding Service and Helpfull” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Anaheim, California
“Outstanding Service and Helpfull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very nice hotel considering its just the valley. Came down to visit family. Liked the easy access from the freeway. Clean rooms and service was really friendly. Computer guy Anphony helped out with connection issues, very prefessional. Easy checkout service, bill was all correct. will definetly stay again for furture family events.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lemoore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

If you would like to have a grand wedding without the expense of a wedding planner, the Visalia Holiday Inn is a perfect place to have a wedding. The room for the ceremony was beautiful thanks to the staff and to Erin, our event coordinator. Tables, arbors, chairs with covers and sashes were all set up for us. While my girlfriends and I added our decorative touches to the ceremony room (which was made available to us the night before), staff members made themselves available to our every need or concern. One young lady even brought us water as we worked into the evening. We didnʻt even ask for it. The room for the reception (and I really ended up liking the idea of both the ceremony and the reception being held in the same venue...very convenient for us and the guests) was also set up beautifully. Because we had a "guest participation" type reception, there were many extra requests made to Ray and staff, and every request was granted with a smile. The staff took care of us up to the end of the reception. The next morning, after a wonderful and fun evening, there was no clean up. That was a relief since the reception went well into the night and we were a tired bunch. One guest had lost his keys and to my amazement, one staff member pulled out every table cloth that had already been sent to the back to be laundered, and shook out each one looking for the keys. (The keys were found later) Unfortunately I did not get the gentlemanʻs name; he is just one more fine example of the wonderful people at the Holiday Inn Visalia. So kudos to the Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Torquay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nighst after travelling over from LA. Was not expecting much - but actually this is a nice hotel. Rooms situated in one of 2 buildings and you can access bedroom corridors from a number of external doors (all secure with seperate keycard) - we parked the people carrier and unloaded just a few doors away from our room.

Staff on front desk were helpful and gave directions and map to restaurants we asked for. Free Wifi and also 3 PC's in lobby area for guest use with printer attached.

Outdoor pool and also indoor pool. Did not use the restaurant or Bar - but looked standard hotel fayre!

Yes, the rooms are looking a little tired and still have large CRT TV's - but it was all clean and comfortable. Mentioned one maintenance issue and the engineer was at the room within 5 mins and fixed immediately.

Would I stay again - Yes, would I return again - Yes - but would use as a stop over - not the place to base yourself for a long vacaction.

Room Tip: Prioirty Club Membership gets you a goody bag!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

A large hotel with small town values. Staff are very friendly and diligent and bend over backwards to assist you.

As always when travelling, a smile and thank you always brings out the best of people

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kerman, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Wow, what a great hotel! My husband and I stayed at this hotel after attending a friends wedding, which was held in one of the banquet rooms. We had such a great time. The rooms were reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. I was very surprised at how large and beautiful this hotel was. With two pools, (indoor and outdoor), several banquet rooms, a restaurant and bar, this hotel is defiantly a place where I would have my wedding reception if I lived in the area. It is conveniently located off the 99 & 198 freeways, for travelers attending from nearby cities, and only minutes away from other amenities.

The meal that was served at the reception was great tasting, well presented and classy. The banquet employees were all very nice and paid great attention to detail.

After the reception we all went over to the bar for the “after party” and had a great time, dancing and mingling. The service at the bar was quick, friendly and averaged priced.

Overall our stay at this hotel was excellent! I would defiantly recommend the Holiday Inn in Visalia to anyone looking for a reception facility in the Visalia/Tulare area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Was booked to stay here for 2 nights, and quickly canceled my second night after the first few hours in my room. Place smells like feet. Vending machine on 4th floor ate $.55, and when I told the front desk, they a) couldn't refund my money because the vending is outsourced and b) upon suggesting they put up an "out of order" sign, responded with "yeah, we've heard there have been problems, and we keep telling maintenance, but..." Also, my room was about 55 degrees. I cranked the heat and nothing happened. I called the front desk to switch rooms, and they told me they'd send maintenance up first to check i t out. When I asked if I could just switch to a room with working heat, I was told "well, the heat is kind of bad in all the rooms, so sometimes it just takes some tweaking." Awesome. It's been 15 minutes, and I'm still waiting for maintenance to show up. Maybe they're hanging an "out of order" sign on the vending machine first.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I previously stayed at the Holiday Inn in Visalia, Ca in September of 2010 and I was so impressed by the experience I had to return. A fellow traveler enlightened me about writing a review, so here it is...

HOLIDAY INN AND CONVENTION CENTER, Visalia, CA

The experience begins with the easy freeway access to the hotel, and the ample parking. The large, beautiful lobby is easily accessed through two large automatic doors that lead you right to the friendly people at the Front Office (check-in counter).

In addition, unforeseen forces in both stays forced me to change my schedule, and in both cases the personnel in the Front Office were very accommodating to me.

I found the Holiday Inn to be always clean and the employees were always helpful and friendly. In fact, I believe these are the cleanest rooms and the most comfortable beds I have ever enjoyed in my many years of travel, and the housekeepers would always greet me, or, wave from a distance!

I also had the pleasure of having my meals at both the Cafe California and at Mahogany's and I am happy to say that here again; the employees and the food were excellent! In addition, the plush furniture and the decor, that includes a wide screen T.V. and a beautiful Pool table in Mahogany's make one feel very, very comfortable. In addition, Mahogany's has a D.J. to entertain you on weekends.

Although I have not had the time to take a swim or relax in the beautiful and inviting indoor pool and spa (the outdoor pool was closed for the season), I certainly look forward to doing so on future stays here...

Another plus regarding this Holiday Inn, Visalia is that there is a beautiful park and a lake just across the street that makes for a perfect place to have an outdoor business conference or a family reunion!

Lastly, as I stated earlier, I have many years of travel experience and in my opinion; this is the best value for your money

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!