“Big city sophistication in a smaller town” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 237 restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Tommy's Restaurant located in downtown Visalia, CA next to the historic Fox Theatre. With four distinct dining rooms and a separate lounge, Tommy's Restaurant is a popular gathering place for locals and discerning travelers alike. Using the freshest ingredients - from seasonal vegetable to hand-selected steaks - Tommy's serves uniquely bold flavors with exceptional taste. Join us for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends including daily bar specials at one of Visalia's finest restaurants.
fresno
“Big city sophistication in a smaller town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food & atmosphere were good. Waiter was very nice but not totally on top of his game...
I started with the Wedge salad which was fresh & crisp and well done. The Chicken Marsalla had great flavor with a sauce that was fantastic. Bread pudding at the end of the meal was very yummy. We brought our own wine but were surprised at the extensive selection we could have chosen from.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Tempe, Arizona
“Glad I got the groupon deal, cause it wasn't worth full price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I often travel to the Visalia for business and ALWAYS eat at Daisy Reys. This week, I am cam out early and and Daisy Reys (the GREATEST RESTAURANT in the area HANDS DOWN!) was closed, so I sought out a replacement.
I found a 1/2 price deal on groupon and thought... what the heck? I have eaten here several times before, and despite the stuffiness of the staff, the food is not too bad. It is over priced as HELL, but with the 1/2 groupon deal, it should be about right.
I went with two of my coworkers and when we arrived at an empty restaurant, the hostess asked how she could help us. I said, we are here for dinner (Kinda obvious, however she looked alittle SLOWWWW). In a snotty voice, she asked if we had a reservation... Uh, no, how a bout one of the 50 empty tables in the place. She walked us to one and then asked if it was a special occasion. "No, just dinner with 2 other coworkers... This is how people have to eat dinner when they travel."
The server was ok, she took our order and after a LONG time, brought us the food. As soon as the plates were on the table, she split. She forgot to bring one something I asked for, no big deal, I choked down an EXTREMELY over priced dry piece of Salmon, a cup of HARD packed uncle Ben's instant white rice, and some steamed veggies. The veggies were the best part.
When the check came, I presented the groupon and the server said, oh, that is only for parties of FOUR! WFT!!! I was about to hit the roof! She tool my phone with the groupon and disappeared for 5-10 min, then returned and said it took some doing, but she convinced her manager to let us use the deal. OK! Sorry to put you out!
On the way out, the snotty hostess was too busy updating her Facebook status to say good night, thank you, or acknowledge our existence. I am so happy tomorrow is Tuesday and Daisy Reys will be open for lunch and dinner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
“Worst High Class Restraunt Around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I took my wife out for a nice dinner and night away from the kids. Her chicken was overdosed with green sauce. I ordered a rib eye medium and received it rare. When I complained about the steak they took it back and put it back on the grill. They brought it back burnt on the outside and still not medium.

Not only was it one of the worst cooked steaks I have had at any restaurant, they did not even offer any sort of comp. I would have expected the meal free since I did not even eat it, but a glass of wine would have been at least a start. Horrible all the way from the food through the service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California, United States
“Awesome Rib Eye Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tommy's is a very cozy, casual enough for lunch yet elegant for special personal or business dinners. We come here at least once a month and always order the Rib Eye Steak dinner. Its served with a delicious chile verde sauce. They always cook it perfectly to our specifications. I definitely will keep coming back.

Visited August 2013
Paradise, Texas, Usa
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Recently was traveling in the area for business and an employee suggested meeting here for dinner. I ordered the lamb, which was the special, and it was excellent. I cannot remember the last time I had lamb prepared so well. The wine and desert selection were also very good. I will go back next time I am in the area.

Visited August 2013

Been to Tommy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tommy's Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.