“Dinner out with Friends” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #28 of 231 restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Tommy's Restaurant located in downtown Visalia, CA next to the historic Fox Theatre. With four distinct dining rooms and a separate lounge, Tommy's Restaurant is a popular gathering place for locals and discerning travelers alike. Using the freshest ingredients - from seasonal vegetable to hand-selected steaks - Tommy's serves uniquely bold flavors with exceptional taste. Join us for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends including daily bar specials at one of Visalia's finest restaurants.
“Dinner out with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had never been to Tommy's prior to this dinner out with our friends. It was a very nice restaurant . Good Food great staff. I would recommend it for Anniversary, Birthday dinner or just for a good meal...

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Tulare, California
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everything is great! We will and have been back!!! Service is always at least very good. Food is great. Alittle pricy but not to bad. Great for couples, families or friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dinuba, CA
“Hidden gem in Visalia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tommy's is an all around great restaurant. We're always greeted by name, service is outstanding. We always have the fillet or the cedar plank smoked rib eye, which is to die for! A must-have are the sweet potato fries and the bread pudding.

Visited August 2012
Fresno, California
“Decent food but way overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't know why people rave about this place. I ordered a $36 New York strip because it sounded good and it wasn't the most expensive on the menu. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but most definitely not $36 good. Are you kidding me?!!! This place tries to compete with the big steak places, but it doesn't. So if you don't care to drop a bunch of money on decent food, then go. If not, go to Tahoe Joe's or something

Visited September 2012
Visalia, California
“If you want to go for a nice meal....DO NOT GO TO TOMMY'S....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Tommy's last night with a group from work. The service was slow and the food was a disaster!! We both ordered the 8 oz Filet steak and they were so tough I literally could not cut it with my knife. The waitress asked if I wanted pepper on my salad and I nicely said no and the next thing I knew she was crushing tons of pepper on my salad. So I ended up pushing 1/2 of my salad off and basicially had 2 bites. Today I called to speak with a manager and he barely said he was sorry and acted like "oh well, we have enough patrons that it does not matter". I would definitely think twice before going to Tommy's in Visalia and would recommend you chose another resturant.

• Visited December 2012