“Decent food but way overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 241 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Tommy's Restaurant located in downtown Visalia, CA next to the historic Fox Theatre. With four distinct dining rooms and a separate lounge, Tommy's Restaurant is a popular gathering place for locals and discerning travelers alike. Using the freshest ingredients - from seasonal vegetable to hand-selected steaks - Tommy's serves uniquely bold flavors with exceptional taste. Join us for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends including daily bar specials at one of Visalia's finest restaurants.
Fresno, California
“Decent food but way overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't know why people rave about this place. I ordered a $36 New York strip because it sounded good and it wasn't the most expensive on the menu. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but most definitely not $36 good. Are you kidding me?!!! This place tries to compete with the big steak places, but it doesn't. So if you don't care to drop a bunch of money on decent food, then go. If not, go to Tahoe Joe's or something

Visited September 2012

Visalia, California
“If you want to go for a nice meal....DO NOT GO TO TOMMY'S....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Tommy's last night with a group from work. The service was slow and the food was a disaster!! We both ordered the 8 oz Filet steak and they were so tough I literally could not cut it with my knife. The waitress asked if I wanted pepper on my salad and I nicely said no and the next thing I knew she was crushing tons of pepper on my salad. So I ended up pushing 1/2 of my salad off and basicially had 2 bites. Today I called to speak with a manager and he barely said he was sorry and acted like "oh well, we have enough patrons that it does not matter". I would definitely think twice before going to Tommy's in Visalia and would recommend you chose another resturant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“An insult to "fine dining"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I don't eat out much because I love to cook. But my wife had bought a coupon on groupon that was about to expire so we decided to use it. We got to the restaurant and were seated promptly. Nice looking decor... But that was the end of the good points. Our waiter took our drink orders and brought our drinks but after that his service was All over the place. After we ordered we were having a great convo before we looked up and noticed it had been more than a half our since we had even had ANY attention from our waiter! I stopped him and asked him how long it would be for our food! He almost seemed like I was inconveniencing him! Then he came back and said would be ANOTHER 15 minutes! So when he finally brought our food my wife promptly asked him to speak to the manager. He seemed nervous but did as she requested. The manager came about 10 minutes later and we told him about the things we had experienced. He gave us some VERY lame excuses and didn't seem to get it. And the food... I got the Kobe burger (when I go to a new place I've never go to I sometimes get a burger I figure that's pretty basic and that should be easy) my burger was VERY greasy and unflavorful! My wife got the swordfish which didn't seem fresh at all. The risotto just seemed like rice and was undercooked. And on top of that it made her sick!!! It's absolutely amazing to me that in these times in the restaurant business (which is one of the most competitive out there) that anyone would give such poor food and service! I've been on quite a few cruises and I have always had unbeatable service! Very rarely have I EVER seen service like that and this place definitely doesn't come close! Don't waste your money!

Pasadena, California
“Dinner and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I thought it was going to be very noisy as the bar is right near the front door. But as the host led us back to a smaller dining area I found it to be charming. Offered some great fish entrees along with steak.

Visited October 2012
Hanford, California
“"Tommy's" Anyone know how to make a marsala sauce?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

October 19, 2012

Six of us had dinner at Tommy's tonight. Three of us ordered "chicken marsala", what a disaster!!
The chicken came without a marsala sauce. What we got was some weak white sauce. We asked
that someone from the kitchen come out and explain the white sauce. The chef had no clue that
marsala sauce is made with marsala wine. His just continued to say he followed the recipe. Are
experience was completely ruined!! The three of us often order chicken marsala when dining out,we KNOW what marsala sauce tastes-like. The yhoung man that waited on us was wonderful. One of our party ordered a medium rare steak and ended up with a well done steak sent back. Tommy's got it right 2/6 times. Shame on you! And you that free bread pudding would buy us off.If you want to dine in a fine Visalia restaurant go to the Vintage Press! They won't make these mistakes.

• Visited October 2012