“Charming” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 241 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Tommy's Restaurant located in downtown Visalia, CA next to the historic Fox Theatre. With four distinct dining rooms and a separate lounge, Tommy's Restaurant is a popular gathering place for locals and discerning travelers alike. Using the freshest ingredients - from seasonal vegetable to hand-selected steaks - Tommy's serves uniquely bold flavors with exceptional taste. Join us for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends including daily bar specials at one of Visalia's finest restaurants.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great food, service and atmosphere. Our servers routinely checked back, presentation was creative and menu had good variety

Visited August 2012

Long Beach, California
“DEFINITE RECOMMEND!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in Visalia for one night and checked tripadvisor for "best food in Visalia". Thai food was the first on the list and one other place that was reviewed to be "dressy" AFTER THAT. We only had casual clothes with us so we chose Tommy's. We made a reservation. I can only guess that it delivered as great an experience as the dressier place would have because everything was excellent. Really nice atmosphere- rich dark wood surroundings but plenty of light to balance it. Great service. I had a few questions about a salad and an entree. Our server (Sherry) cheerfully volunteered to ask the chef the answer she did not know and then recommended that the swordfish would still be excellent even if I requested the crab be left out of the sauce/ topping served with it.

My husband and I shared the steak nachos- YUMMY!- for an appetizer - really good steak on them. Next the Spinach salad was DELICIOUS(boiled egg, candied pecans,balsamic dressing = a few more ingredients) and big enough to have been a meal sized salad. It was so good I kept eating even though I knew I would have a hard time finishing my swordfish when it arrived (starting to think we should have skipped the appetizer). He enjoyed his roasted red pepper that was excellent(small bowl). Then the entrees arrive!!! SWORDFISH=FANTASTIC AND THE VEGGIES WERE GOOD TOO! If I had been at home I would have eaten about 1/3 of the swordfish and taken the rest home. But we were traveling so I just ate until I couldn't manage anymore. I often cut an entree in half when it arrives- knowing I won't be able to finish it. So I was definitely overeating. My husband had a Ribeye with a salsa verde topping. His only complaint was that he ordered it done medium and it came medium rare in the thickest part - the edges were medium.

ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR DESSERT!! DEFINITE RECOMMEND!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ivanhoe, California
“great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

staff was great and the food was excellent we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been better

Visited January 2012
Los Angeles, California
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We try to go once month for lunch or dinner. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Food is prepared perfectly(so far). We recommend the Kobe Burger, cooked to order. The Calamari is always tender and the veggie fresh. Five stars.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tulare, California, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a High Class Place with Great food. I love to take my girl on a date here then go to the movies down the road.

Visited December 2011