“Great hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5438 West Cypress Ave, Visalia, CA 93277   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Visalia

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had a great stay.. Place was Nice & Clean, swimming pool was heated & the staff was very nice and friendly.. location is right off the freeway.. lots of places to eat in walking distance and so is CVS.. Also has a theam park right behind the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel. As I drove into the parking lot, the hotel looked pretty new and well kept, so the first impression was very good. I stayed in one bedroom suite on the third floor, which was very spacious and clean. The room was very quiet - may be due to the double pane windows with two and a half layers of curtain doing a good job of insulating any outside noise. So I slept very well for both nights. The bath room had "Jack and Jill" type door which was accessible from both bedroom and living room. I had to do some work on my laptop in the living room late in the night and could access the bathroom without waking up my wife while she is sleeping in the bedroom. So it was a plus. There was ehternet cable and power outlet on top of the desk which was very convenient for hooking up my laptop to catch up with work. There were two flat screen TVs - one in the bed room and one in the living room. There were pretty good choices for breakfast - coffee, juices, danish, bagels, fruits, cereleal, eggs and sausages. And you can make your own wafflle, too. So we ate there. I didn't have a chance to use the pool or hot-tub, but there were couple of families with children swiming in the pool area. The hotel is located in very nice shooping/office complex and close to many things. To summarize, it it located in good, safe area and it is very well maintained and clean with all the amenities you would expect from good hote. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After a long day of golf at Visalia country club, it was satisfying to stay at such a nice, clean place.
Rooms are clean, and tidy. Kids can play at the nice indoor pool with choice of hot tub, or can go enjoy an arcade,mini golf, batting cages, and water fun behind La Quinta thats 1 minute away!
Also two main golf courses are only about 5-10 minutes away for every good prices.
Overall i give this place a 10/10 for rooms, activites, staff, and not to forget their breakest is yummy with muffins, juices, coffee, eggs, sausage, and delicious waffles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights recently, with my dogs.
First the room; it was clean enough though the bed cover needed a wash and the chair had a obvious head oil stain. The room also had a huge desk which took up far too much room. The walls were very thin, noise from the room alongside and above were bothersome.
Breakfast was ok, except for the eggs which were inedible.
Usually hotels which take dogs have a potty area and a trash can for disposal. This hotel has neither. I had to cross the parking lot to an unlit area under a tree, and then leave my baggies in the ashtray outside of the side door.
The pool area has fans that make it sound like a jetway. The hot tub jets do not work properly, though when you run them a thick scum develops. There is also a very noticeable dirt ring in the hot tub and pool.
Most disturbing for me (female,traveling alone) were a lot of men bringing six packs and liquor into the hotel. Several times the dining area was filled with guys drinking.
I was down there for an annual dog show. I will probably try a different property next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Auburn,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a mini one day visit with out of state family as well as a local aunt. When making the reservation, I requested our room be in close proximity to my sister's as well as a room that wasn't facing the street. Both requests were nicely arranged. The room was very clean and in good condition. We checked in just after 12 noon after a 4 hour drive, which was nice. Checkout is late at 12 noon, which is wonderful. The breakfast room was nicely furnished with coffee, yogurt, bagels, waffles you make, prepared eggs, sausage....... It was very clean and well stocked. Behind the hotel is an amusement place with what appeared to be an arcade and go-carts. We didn't visit it, but looked like it could be a fun activity for children, AND we never heard any noise from it, but it was a Tuesday, March 5th and off typical season. Theres a waffle shop for breakfasts and lunches and a Jack in the Box very close by, and Applebees about a half mile north from there. Now to nitpick....the indoor pool room is very noisy, not from kids, but from loud spa pump and the pool filter motor. It was just of our party of 4 in the room. The bathroom door was locked with no keycard access, but possibly it was shared with a workout room nextdoor, and perhaps it was accidentally left locked. The workout room looked fairly nice from what I could see through large glass panels shared with the pool room. Not sure what was happening with the wi-fi, we had a miserable time trying to get on line(I never was able to), but my sister 3 rooms down got great wi-fi. I didn't really depend on the wi-fi as we kept pretty busy visiting family during our 24-hour visit at LaQuinta. The room had a small microwave and a small refrigerator, which we didn't need or use. The desk, which comes with a USB receptacle, dresser, end tables and flatscreen tv were all in wonderful condition. Just 2 of the 4+ spiral type lamps in the bedroom worked, but we made do nicely. Free parking, good location to the freeway(198?) off of Hwy-99, no street noise as the complex sits back a short ways from the busy streets. I got the one night stay through AAA.com and received a discount of 10+/-%($98.. We found it very convenient and found it very comfortable for what we needed it for, mostly sleeping and bathing. The mattress was comfortable. I am one of those who hate to spend too much, frugal not cheap, and I found this LaQuinta to be a very good value. I would recommend this facility and would no hesitate to return, as my sister has 3-4 times. Happy travels!

Room Tip: I had room #319 and had poor wi-fi, but good reception in room 325. LaQuinta was very good about pla...