“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
A TripAdvisor Member
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife an I stayed for 2 nights, the room was Clean, the Hotel was Clean and the
breakfast was Good... The staff was Very nice and professional... Would diffidently
stay there again... Indoor heated pool was nice and relaxing, the hotel was close to everything we needed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Milpitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have some personal business to tend to the past two months and have been travelling down to Visalia. Usually we have a 2-to-3-day stay.

The rate is very reasonable, comes with breakfast---sausages, eggs (though they seem kinda dry.. maybe some type of egg mix?), bread items, cereal, waffles, sweet bakery items.. juice/coffee. the standard.

The location is good...near the freeway and located on a 2-way street (some hotels here are on one-way streets.)

The room was reasonably clean though the heater/air condition unit was leaking water during one of the three stays we had. The blankets seem kinda thin. It was warm enough though.

I did have issues with connectivity to andrioid devices. My husband's Android cell phone and my Android tablets wouldn't get connected to their wi-fi network. That was a big bummer. The people at the front desk don't seem to know what to do with this problem.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here if you want wi-fi connectivity to your android devices. Mac devices conne...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Exeter, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I travel to Exeter/Visalia regularly. I stay at hotels there about two times a month because I own a company nearby and live outside the area. Besides the La Quinta, Visalia, I have stayed at Best Western hotels in Exeter and Visalia and Hampton Inn in Visalia,.

I have twice stayed at the La Quinta, Visalia. I find this hotel to be very poorly managed and understaffed.

For instance, the last time I stayed at La Quinta Visalia, I chose the two-room suite. When my wife and I arrived at our room there was a maintenance guy working in the bathroom. He finished after about ten minutes, but why was I sent to a room under maintenance? Next we noticed there was no toilet tissue, but we had to go out to a meeting so as we passed through the lobby we asked at the front desk if they could take some tissue to the room while we were gone. We were told to pick it up at the front desk when we returned (what poor service!). I told them we might forget so please send it up to the room.

Well, when we returned later that night, we did remember to check at the front desk if they had taken any tissue to the room. Of course not! We had to pick it up there and take it to the room ourselves.

Breakfast, both times I have stayed at this hotel is overcrowded and understaffed. Coffee and other items are often empty and waste baskets are full and messy/dirty. I feel sorry for the poor woman who tries to keep up, but has more work to do than can be done by one person. By the way, there is no oil spray to keep waffles from sticking as there is at all other local hotels. There is also no easy way to extract the sticking waffles from the waffle iron (all other hotels I have stayed in have a plastic tool for doing so, so one does not burn fingers).

The front desk is also often unstaffed. One has to ring a bell and wait until somebody shows up. This hotel is clearly all about the owner and not the guest. It is clean and somewhat quiet (construction going on on two sides of the hotel).

However, beware. . . Both times I have stayed here the fire alarm has gone off. The first time I stayed here the alarm went off at about 8:00 AM so it was not a big deal. The last time it was at 2:00 AM! It sotpped after a few seconds, scaring the daylights out of my wife and I. Needless to say, with the adrenaline pumping, it took quite some time to get back to sleep!

My wife enquired about the 2:00 AM fire alarm at the front desk in the morning. She was told it was a very sensitive system so if anybody smokes in any of the rooms, the whole hotel gets to be jarred awake! Everything at this hotel seems to be favoring the owners and not the guests. It is quite different from the total service Hampton Inn that I have now chosen to stay at for my future frequent visits to the area.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter, but only one slow elevator makes it a chore to get down for breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was very nice. The beds were very comfy. The rooms were a good size- not too small but not extra large. This hotel had inside hallways which made it feel nicer overall. While we did not use it, the hotel did have an inside swimming pool. Also, the hotel had a hot breakfast. They even had waffles. If we ever had the chance to stay in a hotel under this same name and it had the same quality as the hotel in Visalia, we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Hot Springs, Arkansas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

had a wonderful visit and stay. I alway stay with la quinta inn because of the people and the way they were so good to us when we lost our mother in march. They are a very nice group of people you have working for you. I will alway stay with la Quinta. Thank you

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway? Share your experiences!