“good location, thin walls” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5438 West Cypress Ave, Visalia, CA 93277   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“good location, thin walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Fine, neat clean. Admittedly, this was a super fast stay for me, barely 12 hrs, but here it is. Great location just off highway within walking distance of several stores and small restaurants. The hotel materials advertise free wifi and it is, but you have to call the desk for the password as it isn't in any printed material in the room. There is a coffee maker but no tea. The material in the room advertises complimentary water and snacks but these must be in the lobby as there was no water in the room. Unfortunately, the walls were so thin that I could hear the person in the next room snoring even with my tv on and those upstairs walking around.
Otherwise a good choice.

Room Tip: Request top floor room on end for quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We always choose La Quinta whenever we travel. Our experiences are always perfect. Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms, heated pool for the twins, great breakfast for the entire family and you just cant beat the price. I totally recommend La Quinta to everyone!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

FALLON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Even the direct wire was of poor quality. I was there on business, wi-fi was the frist problem. They provided me with a direct wire that only had one end. second try was better but only 2 ft. long. moved to another room same problems.

Hotel was not enven close to being full, but they managed to put folks with kids on either side of me. With just a little effort they could have kept all of us apart. Long night. Not a happy camper.

I wonder about folks that stay in hotels. Yellling at the kids in the halls and in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on floor 3 and let them know you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was in a Visalia for one night and needed a place to stay. After multiple calls, I finally called LA Quinta. I was not disappointed. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly staff member. The lobby is welcoming with plenty of space and seating. To the back of the lobby is a nice indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I was unable to take advantage of them. There was no trouble with check in even with my last minute stay. I was even given a discount! I had a problem with the plumbing in my first room, but was immediately given another without any hesitation. The room was spacious, and clean. The king size bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. I did have some trouble with a noisy neighbor, but that was not the hotel’s fault. All in all, for the price, this is one of the better places to stay in Visalia. So, if you are traveling on Hwy 99 and need a place to stay overnight take a short drive down hwy 198 and stay at LA Quinta.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I had never stayed at a La Quinta before - wow. For the price, I got a huge suite, with two TVs, huge work area, sleeper couch and microwave and fridge. Close to many restaurants. This place is CLEAN. Breakfast is included and there are yummy fresh baked cookies in the afternoons. Pool, hot tub, gym.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
brenagain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was talked into accompanying my husband on his business trip and ended up in a room he booked at La Quinta. My first reaction was to ask "why that hotel?" Husband was quick to respond that it has good reviews and has an indoor spa. With some trepidation, I was open to the experience. Good thing I didn't complain because this little hotel was everything we needed.

Pros:
Good location. This little hotel is situated in a strip mall with a drug store, fast food and gas station. This hotel is within walking distance of the Applebee's as well.

Semifirm King Bed

Large suite size room with separate sitting area

I asked for top floor corner room and got one

I asked for late check out and got it.

Clean

Cons: The indoor jacuzzi was not very hot. It was luke warm. HOwever, the facility has a heated pool so I had one option to dealing with a luke warm jacuzzi.

Room Tip: one side of the hotel is closer to the freeway noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway? Share your experiences!