“Love La Qiunta!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Visalia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Love La Qiunta!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We always choose La Quinta whenever we travel. Our experiences are always perfect. Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms, heated pool for the twins, great breakfast for the entire family and you just cant beat the price. I totally recommend La Quinta to everyone!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
FALLON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Even the direct wire was of poor quality. I was there on business, wi-fi was the frist problem. They provided me with a direct wire that only had one end. second try was better but only 2 ft. long. moved to another room same problems.

Hotel was not enven close to being full, but they managed to put folks with kids on either side of me. With just a little effort they could have kept all of us apart. Long night. Not a happy camper.

I wonder about folks that stay in hotels. Yellling at the kids in the halls and in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on floor 3 and let them know you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was in a Visalia for one night and needed a place to stay. After multiple calls, I finally called LA Quinta. I was not disappointed. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly staff member. The lobby is welcoming with plenty of space and seating. To the back of the lobby is a nice indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I was unable to take advantage of them. There was no trouble with check in even with my last minute stay. I was even given a discount! I had a problem with the plumbing in my first room, but was immediately given another without any hesitation. The room was spacious, and clean. The king size bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. I did have some trouble with a noisy neighbor, but that was not the hotel’s fault. All in all, for the price, this is one of the better places to stay in Visalia. So, if you are traveling on Hwy 99 and need a place to stay overnight take a short drive down hwy 198 and stay at LA Quinta.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I had never stayed at a La Quinta before - wow. For the price, I got a huge suite, with two TVs, huge work area, sleeper couch and microwave and fridge. Close to many restaurants. This place is CLEAN. Breakfast is included and there are yummy fresh baked cookies in the afternoons. Pool, hot tub, gym.

brenagain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was talked into accompanying my husband on his business trip and ended up in a room he booked at La Quinta. My first reaction was to ask "why that hotel?" Husband was quick to respond that it has good reviews and has an indoor spa. With some trepidation, I was open to the experience. Good thing I didn't complain because this little hotel was everything we needed.

Pros:
Good location. This little hotel is situated in a strip mall with a drug store, fast food and gas station. This hotel is within walking distance of the Applebee's as well.

Semifirm King Bed

Large suite size room with separate sitting area

I asked for top floor corner room and got one

I asked for late check out and got it.

Clean

Cons: The indoor jacuzzi was not very hot. It was luke warm. HOwever, the facility has a heated pool so I had one option to dealing with a luke warm jacuzzi.

Room Tip: one side of the hotel is closer to the freeway noise.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect before I got to the motel, some of the reviews I read were a bit iffy and some where amazing, so I went in with an open mind. To my surprise I loved everything about this place. It was a very welcoming environment and I enjoyed my room, it was very clean and up to par, the breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've had, and the pricing was very reasonable.

I came to realize the bad reviews were not reliable and I would definitely go back again!

Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed here for one night when we decided to make a spur of the moment trip to Sequoia National Park. Our main deciding factor in choosing this hotel was that they accepted dogs (I don't believe there was an extra fee, either). Check in was easy and quick, and our room was clean. The bathrooms are very large and the whole set up was very comfortable.

Our issue was really with our neighbors. The hotel must have rather thin walls/floors, because we got to listen to the guy in the room above us stomp around until about 10pm, when he must have gone to sleep. However, some level of noise should be expected in a hotel and we didn't give it too much thought. Unfortunately, about fifteen minutes after that, a couple checked into the room next to us, and they were SO LOUD. Yelling and nonsense for a while- I ended up taking a sleeping pill and trying to rest. Then they turned their TV on, and it was loud enough that I could perfectly hear every word from my bed in the next room. I tried to ignore it for as long as I could, but ended up going down to the front desk around 1am to plead my case with the clerk on duty. He was very responsive and nice about the whole thing, and he did get the neighbors to quiet down some about ten minutes after I spoke to him. In retrospect, I should have just gone down earlier to complain, but I try to avoid complaining unless its really warranted. After a rather sleepless night, I stopped downstairs, where there was a basic breakfast (continental) that was complementary. My husband wanted to try the waffle place across the parking lot, but in hindsight I should have just gone with the hotel's cereal (restaurant was not so great).

So even though I had a rough time here, it was not because the hotel was bad, just that other guests were. The gentleman I dealt with looking for help with the issue handled it well and never acted like I was being demanding or a burden on him. I would stay at this location again, but I might ask for a room away from other occupied rooms, if it was possible. I rated this hotel as a 4 because the hotel and staff were just fine, and tried not to let the noise thing affect how I feel about the property.

Room Tip: Thin walls- ask for a room without too many neighbors if it's possible!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway? Share your experiences!