“Very comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Ca
“Very comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

At first glance didn't think it was such a great hotel but as soon as we walked in we were greeted with such friendliness...the staff were very nice, the beds are sooooooo comfortable!!! Our room was very clean...definitely will come back and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you !! We are happy to hear you liked our new bedding and that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I strive everyday to make our guests feel right at home. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property four nights during a visit to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. I'd have to say our experience was mostly positive, but still mixed.

Service at the front desk was cordial and efficient. The property has indoor corridors and an elevator, so it’s not as motel-like as some Comfort Inns. It’s also set off from the highway and located at the edge of town, so it’s pretty quiet.

Our room was clean and spacious enough, and contained a refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV, but the free wireless Internet signal was a bit spotty. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were almost comically small. The appliances and plumbing worked fine, but the towels were rather thin. The nightly rate was very reasonable.

The complimentary breakfast area offered a decent variety; available items included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and yogurt. The staff sometimes had a hard time keeping up with demand during the busy periods – for example, they ran out of coffee three of the four mornings we were there.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay. However, if you are thinking of using this or any other Visalia hotel as your base while visiting Sequoia National Park, you should understand that while it’s about a 45-minute drive to the park entrance, there’s an additional hour of driving from the entrance over narrow and winding mountain roads to reach the Giant Trees. If you want to cut between 30-40 minutes from your commute, you might consider staying in the small rustic town of Three Rivers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

While the Wifi was problematic, and I miss the old staff had been there for years and seemed to have disappeared, this hotel is still a GREAT deal! The carpeting in the rooms is brand new, the rooms are exceptionally clean, and the current staff still very helpful. The complimentary breakfast is of good quality and with many options. We go into Visalia a few times a year and this is still my hotel of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Located right off the 198 freeway. Easy to find. The Comfort Inn & Suites is very much your short stay hotel. The room was average clean with tv, small frig, coffee maker and very small pillows. Extra details to mirrors, cleaning the tub and in corners were missed. I stayed for 4 days and didn't noticed any change. You only get one set on towels. You have to ask everyday if you want more than that. Wi-fi works depending on where your at and what devise your connecting. iPad was 50/50 successful. Breakfast was good, but they need to pay more attention to when it needs replenishing. Several mornings there no eggs or bread and you have to get help and wait on service. This hotel is right for the quick in and out. Not your stay and enjoy or relax.

Room Tip: Ask for best wi-fi areas.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. It is important for us to ensure our guest satisfaction. We apologize for the less than satisfactory experience. We hope we have the chance to make it up to you soon.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Free " Wifi" was advertised..no. If you have "Apple" products such as an I Pad then wifi is not available...a let down for a couple who have been travelling for seven months and research their next destination using the ipad.
The room was comfortable ..but no glassware, just plastic. Mmm.
Breakfast was fine but again totally disposable.
The bed was comfortable to be fair, but this hotel needs to rethink its brand....in our opinion.

Room Tip: The first floor sounded "industrial", go higher
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I do not travel too often but when I do I look for clean and friendly hotels to make my stay the best it can be. While staying with your hotel a few weeks ago I found that you have an EXCELLENT staff that is friendly and helpful with any questions I had! Your front desk girls were nice and greeted me as I walked in and out throughout the day. The two girls who were there were Alyssa and Danielle. Your housekeepers were also friendly and did a great job at having my room in tip top shape for me I found Cathy and Yolanda very helpful when I asked them about places in town to eat at. Overall your hotel was warm, welcoming and very friendly and I will defiantly stay here again! Thank You!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you ! That is always wonderful to hear, It gives me great joy to hear that our guests are satisfied with our service and that my staff members carry themselves in a professional and friendly manner. It means alot to us to hear these words. We hope to see you again soon... and Merry Christmas ! ........ Selene Caro - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I always stay here pretty much every other month to see my daughter who lives here. I love how friendly and kind the front desk people are. Kim and Joseph go out of their ways to give a good service. Very knowledgable front desk. Even house keeping is kind when you see them. This place is clean and a good location.

• Stayed July 2012
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you. Our team strives every day to make our guests feel at home. It gives us joy to hear you are happy with our service. We look forward to having you stay again. ...... Selene Caro - General Manager.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!