“Not quite” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Not quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Free " Wifi" was advertised..no. If you have "Apple" products such as an I Pad then wifi is not available...a let down for a couple who have been travelling for seven months and research their next destination using the ipad.
The room was comfortable ..but no glassware, just plastic. Mmm.
Breakfast was fine but again totally disposable.
The bed was comfortable to be fair, but this hotel needs to rethink its brand....in our opinion.

Room Tip: The first floor sounded "industrial", go higher
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I do not travel too often but when I do I look for clean and friendly hotels to make my stay the best it can be. While staying with your hotel a few weeks ago I found that you have an EXCELLENT staff that is friendly and helpful with any questions I had! Your front desk girls were nice and greeted me as I walked in and out throughout the day. The two girls who were there were Alyssa and Danielle. Your housekeepers were also friendly and did a great job at having my room in tip top shape for me I found Cathy and Yolanda very helpful when I asked them about places in town to eat at. Overall your hotel was warm, welcoming and very friendly and I will defiantly stay here again! Thank You!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you ! That is always wonderful to hear, It gives me great joy to hear that our guests are satisfied with our service and that my staff members carry themselves in a professional and friendly manner. It means alot to us to hear these words. We hope to see you again soon... and Merry Christmas ! ........ Selene Caro - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I always stay here pretty much every other month to see my daughter who lives here. I love how friendly and kind the front desk people are. Kim and Joseph go out of their ways to give a good service. Very knowledgable front desk. Even house keeping is kind when you see them. This place is clean and a good location.

• Stayed July 2012
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you. Our team strives every day to make our guests feel at home. It gives us joy to hear you are happy with our service. We look forward to having you stay again. ...... Selene Caro - General Manager.
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I phoned ahead to make reservations at the C.I.&S, I expected the usual hello blah, blah blah. But I was impressed that the lady that answered the phone was very energetic and greeted me with a zestful welcome. I had been on the road and beat from a gruesome 80 hour work week and wanted something more than the less the par experience that I had been given week end and out at another leading Inn. I explained to Kimberly of the Comfort Inn & Suites that I wanted to give her brand a try since my present Inn (of a colored roof) had run out of hot water not once but twice that week and I desperately was in need of the comforts of home, (Hot Water) after a twelve hour shift. She made a reservation for me and did so with such cheer, see to me, it's all about the greeting and service. I myself workd for several leading hotel over a 15 year career and was awarded pins, plaques, and notoriety. The curse behind such a career in the hospitality field, is that you can't help but notice when you, yourself is not being given the same courtesies that you would bestow onto others. Well I am happy to say that Kimberly not only pleasently suprised me, I was shocked to see that someone working at an Inn in a small town like Visalia, would deliver a "Big City" welcome. The room that she placed me in not only had hot water, but a jaccuzi tub in the bedroom and a fireplace for a measley $20 more than I was paying elsewhere. I'm sure that she could've put me in any of the fine rooms of The Comfort Inn & Suites that would've been satisfying to my need, but Kimberly went the extra mile and I am greatful for that...Thank You

Room Tip: I stayed in the San Juan room at the Comfort Inn & Suites. For less than a hundred dollars I got...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
When I hear someone express themselves so kindly of our staff members it makes me proud. Going above and beyond for our guests is what makes us feel great. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and giving you a home away from home. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again. .... Thank you.... Selene Caro
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and stay at a lot of hotels. I am in hotels about 150 or more nights a year. My first choice of hotel chain is of course The choice Hotel System. Since I travel 95% of the time the same routes I pick my hotels carefully. I have been staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Visalia, Ca for quite a few years. I have been able to get to know all the employees here on a first name basis and am treated with respect and family like friendliness. We have a great relationship in all aspects of my hotel needs.
From the front desk personnel such as Selene, Kim, Rachael, and Joeseph. They all do all they can do to give me the room I request and make sure it is always ready for my early arrival. They always are very friendly and efficient in quickly getting me checked in and squared away.
The housekeepers always give me a clean room and bring me extra towels if needed and anything within their power to make me comfortable. I know them all by name as they are very great at greeting me each time I visit this hotel which is usually one night per week. The housekeepers that come to mind are Yolanda,Cathy, and Yuliana. They all are a great asset to this property.
I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling through this area or anyone wanting a great visit to the great city of Visalia.

Room Tip: I prefer the east side of the building as there is a good view of the mountains on a clear day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It's always a pleasure having you. You bring smiles to all of us from the moment you come up the drive way. We appreciate your great sense of humor and your warm hearts. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your loyalty .... See you next week ! .....Selene Caro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front desk like Kim,Rachel, and Joseph were kind and so helpful with our laundry needs and with our need to feed our team after a late game at COS.

also,Maria the breakfast host made sure my team was well feed. Her kind demeanor is contagious.

On the day we checked out Alyssa, Daniel, and Mary made the process swift. I don't get at other hotels.

Thank you for a great stay. See you next year

• Stayed November 2012
We enjoy having your group every year and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. .... Selene Caro
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed there 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The room was large and clean; the fitness center was great; the breakfast very good; the guest laundry was the best we had used on our trip thus far and the staff were really great to us esp. Danielle at check in; Kim; Yolanda in Housekeeping and Cathy and Alyssa.. Everyone was very helpful; answered a lot of questions we had and gave us some good advice. I would highly reoccmend staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. We truly appreciate it. ...... Selene Caro - General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!