“It's All About The Greeting...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Moreno Valley, California
“It's All About The Greeting...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I phoned ahead to make reservations at the C.I.&S, I expected the usual hello blah, blah blah. But I was impressed that the lady that answered the phone was very energetic and greeted me with a zestful welcome. I had been on the road and beat from a gruesome 80 hour work week and wanted something more than the less the par experience that I had been given week end and out at another leading Inn. I explained to Kimberly of the Comfort Inn & Suites that I wanted to give her brand a try since my present Inn (of a colored roof) had run out of hot water not once but twice that week and I desperately was in need of the comforts of home, (Hot Water) after a twelve hour shift. She made a reservation for me and did so with such cheer, see to me, it's all about the greeting and service. I myself workd for several leading hotel over a 15 year career and was awarded pins, plaques, and notoriety. The curse behind such a career in the hospitality field, is that you can't help but notice when you, yourself is not being given the same courtesies that you would bestow onto others. Well I am happy to say that Kimberly not only pleasently suprised me, I was shocked to see that someone working at an Inn in a small town like Visalia, would deliver a "Big City" welcome. The room that she placed me in not only had hot water, but a jaccuzi tub in the bedroom and a fireplace for a measley $20 more than I was paying elsewhere. I'm sure that she could've put me in any of the fine rooms of The Comfort Inn & Suites that would've been satisfying to my need, but Kimberly went the extra mile and I am greatful for that...Thank You

Room Tip: I stayed in the San Juan room at the Comfort Inn & Suites. For less than a hundred dollars I got...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
When I hear someone express themselves so kindly of our staff members it makes me proud. Going above and beyond for our guests is what makes us feel great. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and giving you a home away from home. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again. .... Thank you.... Selene Caro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and stay at a lot of hotels. I am in hotels about 150 or more nights a year. My first choice of hotel chain is of course The choice Hotel System. Since I travel 95% of the time the same routes I pick my hotels carefully. I have been staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Visalia, Ca for quite a few years. I have been able to get to know all the employees here on a first name basis and am treated with respect and family like friendliness. We have a great relationship in all aspects of my hotel needs.
From the front desk personnel such as Selene, Kim, Rachael, and Joeseph. They all do all they can do to give me the room I request and make sure it is always ready for my early arrival. They always are very friendly and efficient in quickly getting me checked in and squared away.
The housekeepers always give me a clean room and bring me extra towels if needed and anything within their power to make me comfortable. I know them all by name as they are very great at greeting me each time I visit this hotel which is usually one night per week. The housekeepers that come to mind are Yolanda,Cathy, and Yuliana. They all are a great asset to this property.
I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling through this area or anyone wanting a great visit to the great city of Visalia.

Room Tip: I prefer the east side of the building as there is a good view of the mountains on a clear day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It's always a pleasure having you. You bring smiles to all of us from the moment you come up the drive way. We appreciate your great sense of humor and your warm hearts. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your loyalty .... See you next week ! .....Selene Caro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front desk like Kim,Rachel, and Joseph were kind and so helpful with our laundry needs and with our need to feed our team after a late game at COS.

also,Maria the breakfast host made sure my team was well feed. Her kind demeanor is contagious.

On the day we checked out Alyssa, Daniel, and Mary made the process swift. I don't get at other hotels.

Thank you for a great stay. See you next year

• Stayed November 2012
We enjoy having your group every year and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. .... Selene Caro
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed there 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The room was large and clean; the fitness center was great; the breakfast very good; the guest laundry was the best we had used on our trip thus far and the staff were really great to us esp. Danielle at check in; Kim; Yolanda in Housekeeping and Cathy and Alyssa.. Everyone was very helpful; answered a lot of questions we had and gave us some good advice. I would highly reoccmend staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Luna099, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. We truly appreciate it. ...... Selene Caro - General Manager
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just spent overnight here! Location is right off the freeway, which makes it easy to find...not so great as far as traffic noise when you are sleeping nearby. We arrived late, but the woman who greeted us at the front desk was very personable and polite! We had a standard room, 2 queens, non-smoking. Bedding looked a bit worn, blankets covered with lint balls, had 4 little pillows for each bed, not your standard size pillows, old school air conditioning unit in the wall under the window and a fridge awkwardly placed in the corner next to the window with a microwave balancing on top of it. On the positive side, it was clean, good water pressure, comfortable beds and there was a newer TV in the room with remote! If you just need a place to stay and are not looking for anything over the top, then this place works!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello, as General Manager of the Comfort Inn & Suites in Visalia it is always important to me to get feedback from our guest. My staff and I strive to provide you and your familes with a friendy and courteous service every day as well as clean rooms in a safe location. Thank you for your words. We look forward to seeing you again. .... Selene Caro
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This motel is one of the first you see when driving into Visalia from the west and is just north of the airport. The price was okay for the sized room I got but it would have been awesome if the carpet hadn't been so dirty. It was dirty to the point of distracting and it should really be replaced. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were weird hard square pieces of foam. The employees were wonderful and oh so friendly! The breakfast buffet was a little more than continental but again served by some very nice people. I give the hotel 2 stars but the employees 5. One down size to the location is that there are no restaurants close by and you have to get back on the freeway to find one farther east. It is very easy on, easy off of the freeway though and there are parking areas for someone towing something.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Valdez, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel was not good at all. The staff was very rude and unhelpful. When we asked them some questions, they just gave us bad looks and walked away without answering. The rooms were just as bad as the staff. The floor was very dirty, and it looked like somebody vomitted on the carpet. There was hair all over the beds, making it very disgusting. In the bathroom, the paint was peeling, and there was fungus on the edge of the bathtub. The tables were also not clean at all, and there were black marks in the sink. As well as that, there were several bugs in the room that we had to kill. The breakfast was also terrible. Please do not stay in this horrible place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!