“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Mt. Pleasant, Tx.
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was a clean looking facility, both inside and outside. It was apparent that they took pride in what the place looked like. The rooms were good siized and clean. We stayed there because it was pet-friendly, but would definitely stay there again. Breakfast was the normal, semi-hot meal with scrambled eggs and sausage, but was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
UK - South West
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had booked a quiet room approx 3 months in advance of our arrival and were allocated what we were told was a quiet room... The room did not directly overlooked the Interstate, but was in the next corner and as such, we hardly slept due to the noise from the traffic - and believe me, this is one busy interstate!!
The room however, was lovely, clean and spacious, just not in the quietest of location.
Breakfas was fine too and the ice tea on arrival was unexpected but very refreshing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
comfort_inn_visalia, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you, we truly appreciate your comments. As new General Manager of the Comfort Inn & Suites in Visalia it is important to me to receive all the feedback we can get as we strive to provide excellent service. Hwy 198 is undergoing contruction to improve access to our location and the crews are working very hard to finish soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Monterey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Clean, quiet, well kept room and great downtown location within a few blocks of many eating places, the convention center and the hospital.

Room Tip: Higher floors better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites to break up a trip to Yosemite. Reasonable price, clean room, friendly service. Arrived late - easy check-in. Luggage cart at door. Some road noise - may want to ask for room on East side. We have stayed in town at the other Comfort Inn with good results but were not stopping this trip - Visalia is a cute town. Breakfast standard - eggs, waffle maker and basic assortment of fruits, bagels etc.

Normal problem of insufficient plugs near bed, good wifi reception but not secure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Where do I start...upon arrival, the room had a musty odor, carpet had stains. The next day after the maid cleaned the room. I found, a mucus booger apparently left by housekeeping on the bed spread, a wide variety of dead bugs stuck on the bottom of the soap, around the bathroom sink. There were bugs flying around and crawling on the walls (beetles,baby roaches and some unidentified). I had to go down to the front desk to ask for toilet paper and a bag for the ice bucket because the maid hadn't replaced it. I wanted to check out at this point because I was afraid to sleep with the lights off of fear of cockroaches and bed bugs. Call me crazy for staying one more night. It got worse the next day, I found the toilet hadn't been touched and left dirty and there was a strong urine smell in the bathroom that was not there before. This was the final straw. I told the front desk and all he said was "ok I will let the GM know" The next morning I ran for the hills.I made a list of things that were wrong complained to the front desk again and checked out and went to stay at the comfort inn near downtown Visalia which is much cleaner and in a nicer location and only 5 miles away. I doubt if anyone ever told management or if my note ever got read. The front desk people didn't seem surprised at my complaints. I usually don't write reviews but I had to write one this time. The only good thing was that I didn't find any bites from bugs yet.....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Quiet location, quiet pool, very nice. Our room was clean and close to the lobby. We enjoyed the included breakfast. Good stay overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
comfort_inn_visalia, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Hello my name is Rachel, I am the GM. I want to thank you for your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. As always we strive to make our guests happy and their stay great. We hope the next time you come to Visalia, you will think of us. I hope you enjoyed the Seqoias during your stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and your stay.

Rachel Rodriguez
Comfort Inn & Suites
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was absolutely disgusting. it was 100 degrees during the day and the air conditioning was off all day so it was an oven when we got there at 11 pm. I suspect the air conditioning didn't work at all. Clerk said they had rolling black outs (asked second hotel and it wasnt true) After being in the room for 30 minutes it didn't cool off so we asked for another room. She showed us two more rooms and they were all the same. Water stains onthe rugs below air conditioner. I was exhausted so I tried to forget about it but then I started to itch and sprung up out of bed and got the hell of there in my Pajamas YES in my Pajamas. Checked out and found another hotel down the street that was the same price but much nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!