“great salsa” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Visalia, California, United States
“great salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been here many times and while the food is always good it's the salsa that keeps bringing me back. I could sit and eat their chips and salsa and just forget the food... bring me a cocktail instead.

Visited January 2013

68% Recommend
California
“What Has Happened To This Place???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been going to Henry Salazars Fresh Mex Grill every Saturday or Sunday for lunch for a couple of years now. Lately we have noticed, they no longer have a manager during the day hours, only for dinner hours. This is starting to show as it's taking 1/2 an hour to get waited on when there are only three or four tables with customers. We noticed two waiters and one bus boy on 01/20/13 and it was about 2:00 in the afternoon. All the tablets were dirty, they had to clean one for us. Heard other customers complaining to staff about what poor service they had received. Food was okay, tacos not as crispy as normal and not a lot of flavor. I normally love this place and order the same thing each time, so this was a disappointment to us. Will give another try, hopefully is better. I think they need to have a manager there in charge who can also help out when busy, the owners used to do this, but stopped. It is showing as the resturant is starting to go down hill.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
“A nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Henry Salazar's menu offers an interesting selection of Mexican food including seafood. Their food is fresh and moderately priced. The waiters are friendly and service is very good. For a special occasion or just meeting friends out, this restaurant is a good choice.

“Favorite Mexican restuarant in Visalia by far!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Henry Salazar's is by far my favorite Mexican restuarant in Visalia! Love the atmosphere, background music is great. The salsa has amazing flavor. I have yet to try all their dishes but of what I've tried so far, excellent. I would recommend them 1st for Mexican food! Service is usually great, too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“OMG! We Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is one of our favorite spots to each in town. We go usually once a week. I always get the same items, two cripsy ground beef tacos (yummy) and grilled vegies instead of the rice and beans. Vegies include zucchini, carrots, brocholi and onions, grilled to perfection in olive oil, white wine and salt and pepper, simple but wonderful. We always skip the rice and beans, okay, but nothing special, go for the vegies you won't be disappointed. Chips and salsa are the bomb. No other place compares.

• Visited July 2012