“Burger and Brew.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Visalia, California
“Burger and Brew.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in last night for a burger and a brew. Had the Ultimate Berger and a Possum Porter. The burger was a pretty good "pub burger"; meaty and big. The porter was very good. Dark, thick and flavorful. I sat at the bar. The bartender was friendly and fun to talk to and the local stool sitters made me feel welcome. Try it, I think you will be pleased.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Lansing, Michigan
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Met some friends for dinner. Im from the midwest, and see why they like it so much.
I AM a beer snob. Great IPA.
But get the sampler of their beers. it comes with their signature sodas. This was perfect for me and my wife. She really liked the apple/rasperry beer, and i gotta admit as an IPA guy it was good.

I had the Salmon Blackend. Close to the best i have had very tender not dried out. Good portions. My wife had the Cob salad. 3 days after we get home she tells reminds me how much she liked it.

Great beer selection.

Parking can be a challange on a Friday night. Use the parking garage behind

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Visalia
“Best IPA around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went to have dinner after a long day down town. Short but good wine list. Probably the best IPA I have ever had, full, semi sweet with a full hoppy finish, not for the Budweiser crowd, only for the true beer drinker. Better half had their Flat iron steak, it was excellent. Very tender and flavorful. I had a Katlynn Salad, it was loaded with a very tender tri tip, bell peppers, crumbled blue cheese and fresh greens. Neat interior, lot of oak, brick and copper. Lower floor level has the brewing equipment and bar, upstairs is seating only with an outside balcony but we didn't check it out.
Definitely will be going back. Waiter checked on us often, busers kept water glasses full and removed done items expediently.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pleasanton, California
“Fresh food & great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food is good. Menu has many choices and I eat there twice in one week. Tried the steak and the BBQ Ranch burger, both were very good. The sequoia red and blonde were excellent. Only draw back was a lack of service. No interest to check back after you receive your food. Might have been an off night for them? Over all very good.

Visited April 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
“nice atmosphere, marginal beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I admit, I am a bit of a microbrew snob, however, I am always looking for hidden gems, and I always love to try local microbrews. Unless you are a huge hop fan, this is not for you. When my favorite beer out of a sampler is the raspberry ale, that's saying something. Out of a generously poured 6 beer sampler (and 3 homemade sodas that I could have done without) 4 of the 6 beers tasted eerily the same. The blonde was an average, adequate blonde. The honey wheat was so hoppy (for a honey wheat) that I thought they had misplaced it with the Marzen, and had to laugh a bit later when a member of the wait staff also was confused when looking at some pours later as to which was which. Sequoia red, average. Smokey the beer - coulda been great, if not so hoppy. Raspberry ale - light, refreshing, very good. Will try again - but overall, disappointing for variety in a microbrew.

• Visited March 2013