“Great for brews and appetizers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
A bunker in the hills
“Great for brews and appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I go to Brewbakers for their beers. I usually order their Brewskins and garlic fries. This latest time I ordered the special hamburger. It was very good. I would recommend Brewbakers. My only complaint is they use salsa from a jar.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tulare, California
“Garlic Fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I actually went to Brewbakers for st patricks day since i had heard they had different flavors of beer! I wanted to try some out. We had already had dinner but after trying different flavors of beer we noticed many customers buying garlic fries. so we decided to try them out. they were delicious! definitely recommend this place for st patricks day. very fun.

Visited March 2012
Tallahassee
“This is better than eating at a Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I saw the place here online first, then on a walk downtown waiting to check into my hotel. I'm a fan of brewpubs in the East (along with Portland's McMenamin's),and decided to have dinner here. After viewing the menu online, (with an Eastern bias against the big prices = big portions of western restaurants), I decided on the BLT with an IPA. The beer was "blonder" than I'm used to but had a true IPA taste. I opted for the salad as the side with a tomato vinegret dressing, (which tastes WAY better than it sounds). The sandwhich had 2 layers of great tasting bacon, tomato, lettice, and mayo on lightly toasted sourdough bread. Fabulous BLT! The atmosphere is a 2 story building with the original brick stucture wall exposed as the interoir wall. The total bill for 2 IPA's, and BLT was $15.11
The only distaction was the service. Picture this. It's a Monday afternoon (post Labor Day) at 4:30PM, apparently during shift change, with an early MNF football game. There were TWICE as many employees (on duty and off) as customers. My (W/M) server sat me down, got my drink and food order, delivered my food, and then started socalizing with his coworkers ( including one who was planning a birthday party at the same restaurant),instead of seeing if I needed another beer. (There MUST be a college nearby where the parents are paying tuition and the students are only working for beer money and thus provide poor service).

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, NV
“Much improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visited a year and a half ago and I think I gave Brewbakers a 3 rating. That trip it was a Friday about 9 PM and the place was really busy and we opted to sit outside rather than wait an hour. That put us with the smokers and it was quite cold since they didn't have enough propane heaters. However they have improved and I'm moving this review to a 5 rating.

The beer: I went for the IPA. On first taste it had very high alpha (bitterness) and was quite cold. Then after another 3 minutes it warmed up a bit and slight amount of malt body started coming through. A very nice balance. Many IPAs have opted for aromatic hopping and really miss the character of the beer that was designed by the Brits to survive the journey around the Cape of Good Hope and still be drinkable when they arrived in India. The only thing besides being served too cold was the beer was unfiltered. Have to give the beer a 5 rating.

The food: I opted for the Katelyn Salad which sounds kind of girly to go with an IPA but it was not. Essentially the main ingredients are a large bed of mixed lettuce. On that they have taken a grilled tri-tip cooked to order and cut into 3/8 thick strips. Then they throw crumbles of blue cheese on top. There's also some garlicky croutons. Some pretty strong flavors which worked well with the beer. I had blue cheese dressing but would choose something else given the amount of blue cheese already on the salad so I could get another flavor. I'm giving Katelyn a 5 rating. Others in our group had turkey burgers which I got a small sample of and it was quite good (4.5) and fish and chips (4.0).

Other stuff: We were seated inside downstairs near the fermenters. It was a bit cool when we got there but after we started eating there was no problem. They brew cream soda and root beer both of which are worth the sugar hit. The wait was a tolerable 7 minutes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Features Homemade Beers With Limited Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visited this place with grandchildren two years ago and last week. The younger generation like the local brews; however, we prefer bitter lagers like Heiniken, Beck, St Pauli Girl and none of the samples provided are anything like our prefered beer. I chose an inexpensive glass of Chardonay, which was satisfactory; however, wine selections are limited. I believe that American lagers, such as Budwiser, are offered. Food selections are limited as is typical for pub fare. Meals are offered, but I chose a Salmon sandwich with bread, tomatoes & lettuce on the side, which provided a portion of fish more my size. The grilled salmon was good and came with a side salad, which was appreciated. It is always hard to eat enough vegetables when traveling. Salads are about the only vegetables offered here. Our grandson likes this restaurant, which is clean but a bit noisy. It would not be our first choice (see Rosa's or The Lunch Box), but is certainly better than satisfactory. Wait staff is pleasant and bathroom was clean. Smokers are seated on upstairs balcony, which limits outdoor seating for nonsmokers.

• Visited August 2012