“Hungry Man Fare” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
San Francisco, California
“Hungry Man Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is located in downtown Visalia with nearby parking lots and street parking available. We had visited for a group function and had a buffet meal consisting of chicken, sliced beef something, rice pilaf, spicy baked beans, garlic bread and salad. Didn't really interact much with staff, but they seemed pretty good about replenishing the chaffing dishes. Set up was kind of awkward for the number of people in attendance. I would have suggested they position the buffet, so that it was 2-sided so that you didn't have guest in line backed up out the double doors. As far as the food...chicken was tender and had good flavor; beef looked dry and really overcooked and unappetizing so I actually didn't eat it; rice pilaf was decent, good balance of flavor; beans were tasty but way too much heat for my tastebuds; garlic bread was probably the best part of the meal next to the chicken; and the salad...well, lettuce was fresh, but the dressing lacked any flavor, just oil maybe? If you are a meat eater, then I might suggest you try this place...it is a "steakhouse" after all. If I had to choose based on this one visit, I probably wouldn't return because it just didn't really wow me and wasn't my cup of tea!

Visited November 2012

59% Recommend
Visalia
“An Enjoyable Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Steaks cooks a little to the well side, but still had great flavor. We enjoyed our time here. Service was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springville, California
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went here but once. A Birthday treat. Their steak dinner was really good and tender. Delicious ! Would like to go back soon. We all enjoyed our meal.

Visalia, Ca
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I would never go back. The bartender was a jerk. Why would they hire idiots like him is beyond me. McDonald's has better customer service than that place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Muechen, Deutschland
“Beef at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Well, this this steak house might not have the friendliest staff or the classiest interior. But they made simply the best piece of meat I had in my entire life. Spending three weeks in the US - no one did it better, not even (much) more upscale places. I had the house special, a marinated and aged Angus ground Rib Eye steak Midwestern style. It was awesome beyond words. Though perfectly crisp on the outside, the meat literally melted on my tongue. It actually was so tender, that the meat fell right off the bone. It was gigantic in size, too, and more than worth its price. Starters and sides were flawless, too, but you have to go there for the beef.

• Visited June 2012