“Unfortunate” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Visalia, California
“Unfortunate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

Had read all previous reviews and was hopeful as I'd seen the "under new management" signs but unfortunately it was disappointing at best. Service was fantastic, and relatively speedy. Was surprised at the price (more expensive than previous reviews indicated) but was looking forward to trying the food.

Given the food, it was horrifically overpriced. We were given huge mounds of rice but meat was scarce at best - paying $15 for one entree, I would hope for more than two tiny kebab skewers, a miniscule amount of vegetables and a mountain of rice. Really, really did not need so much rice!
Meat was lovely, despite its scarcity. Rice was bland.

Hummus had a really very odd texture. In all my years of eating hummus, even the creamiest of hummus had some sornt of 'grit' to the texture however this hummus was so completely smooth and had an overall unpleasant texture (not to mention bland flavor) that it seemed more like canned hummus than fresh hummus.

Overall, it was disappointing and overpriced at best and we will not be returning as there are other Middle Eastern places in town with much better food AND prices.

• Visited February 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

dallas
“"Under new management"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

Recommended by others in LA so we tried it. The phone number has been changed and there was a sign "under new management". We ordered Beef and Chicken Shawarma, Chicken Kabob and Kufta Kabob. The portions were adequate with rice, salad, hummas and a couple pieces of flat bread. The hummas was salty but okay. The meats were cooked well and tasty. The service was adequate but only one server and one cook. They do not serve beer or wine. One said they would not return but if from the area I would give it another chance. They seemed to be busy when we were there both inside and take out.

• Visited April 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

I was looking to eat some authentic Middle Eastern food and have to say it fell well short of that. I hardly ever write reviews, but the food was so bad that I feel obligated to do so. I love dive shops and by far this is the wose place! I ordered a sample platter with my cousin. It came with soup, salad, three different types of meat, hummus, and rice. The soup tasted like a billion cube was thrown in some water with small pieces of celery and carrots. It was so poor in quality that we decided not to eat it and threw it in the trash when the cook wasn't looking. The actual plate came with 3 sticks of over cooked lamb, chicken, and beef. All three were horrible! Especially the lamb and I enjoy game. On top of that, it was really over priced. Save money and heart ache and dont eat here!

Visited April 2015
Monroe
“Cockroach's in hall to bathroom-Lost my appetite!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

After placing my order, I proceeded to the bathroom only to see two cockroach's in the hall on the way to the bathrrom, with more on the bathroom floor. This not only disgusted me, but had I not purchased the Groupon and been traveling from WI I would have left. Since we were there we placed our orders against our better judgement. Always go with your first instinct!-the food was very disappointing, no taste, no appearance, and sorry to say but the dessert was worse. They advertised a Free Arabic coffee with any birds nest dessert. Not knowing what it would taste like the cook informed me that it was very good. Sorry to say but they did not provide the coffee, charged us $6.00 for a dessert that tasted worse than eating dry spaghetti and even the sweetener that went on top of the dessert couldn't have saved the taste. We will never eat here again.

Visited June 2014
Visalia, California, United States
“Hmmm - it's not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The service is improving but the cooking is getting rushed. The staff continues to be friendly and they have upgraded their serving presentation. The food is flavorful but they have overcooked the beef the last two times I went.

• Visited May 2014