“Very good Pot Stickers” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Visalia, California, United States
“Very good Pot Stickers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Love Asian Zen Diner, I get the Pad Thai and an order of pot stickers. I really like the Chicken noodle bowls with fresh veggies and lots of chicken, and then the pot stickers with the spicy dipping sauce are very good. I have also had the number one with the chicken and broccoli are really good also the food is always fresh and super hot so you know it is made when you order.
It used to be a Perkos Café but they went out of business so when Zen took over and left it the way it was so it has a diner setting, with food counter and large booths for families.
While it may not be one of thee best meals at a restaurant that I have had it certainly comes close.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shasta Lake, California
“Fresh and flavorful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is great! If your passing through take the time to stop. Food is so good. The portions are generous and 7.95 seems to be a common price for an entree. There is a little bit of everything Asian, (Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai). I didnt like hot and sour soup until I tasted theirs. I've also had their chefs version of wonton soup with shrimp, chicken and pork and Raman noodles instead of wonton. These bowls are enough for four people easy. They have spring rolls, egg rolls, noodle bowls, excellent fried rice, seafood, chicken, beef, and pork dishes. What makes this place is each dish has a distinct flavor if there is fresh celery in a dish you can taste it. The food is not overly salty. The atmosphere is pleasant. The service professional and efficient. We are timing our trips down the state so that we pass through Visalia at meal time. Right off 198 easy access from freeway. You can get take out if you want to eat it in your Hotel room too. I saw more people picking up food to go than eating in, so we've never had to wait for a table. They advertise fastest to-go in town. They deliver and have party trays! It is so good I hope you will give it a try.

• Visited February 2013