“A true gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Costa Mesa, California
“A true gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

What a delightful find! My wife and I were looking for a place to dine and came across Pizano's by chance as the place we intended to dine was wait listed. Small by some standards it seemed both trendy and eclectic! Their small menu of handcrafted pizzas and terrific beers were just what we needed after a long road trip. My wife and I shared a Caesar Salad and Pizza Margarita. Both were fresh and delightful! The pizza was hand tossed and baked to perfection! I opted for an Oatmeal Stout from a local brewer to compliment my meal that was excellent as well. Extremely friendly staff and wonderful service! Will be stopping again on our next visit!

87% Recommend
Lander, Wyoming
“Fabuous pasta and fresh fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a smallish restaurant located on the "Restaurant Row" in downtown Visalia, in easy walking distance from the Marriott and Convention Center. My pasta was terrific. The chef was accommodating about switching the type of pasta that came with the sauce I wanted. As close to Italian pasta as I've had in the states. My gluten-sensitive husband had fresh halibut, which was beautifully prepared. Most restaurants overcook fish but this was perfect. We went early for dinner-as we were leaving, the restaurant was really filling up. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere, I'd go early. The pizza looked great and the bar looks like it would be nice if you just want a drink. A good selection of reasonably priced wines.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grapeview, Washington
“High Priced for Mediocre Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had a decent pizza here, but felt that it was high priced for what you got. We had a small pizza, split a salad, split a dessert, and each had a glass of wine. Our tab came to almost $50 with a tip, which seems a bit high for going out for pizza. I will say that the staff were friendly and the service was fine. Mostly my rating is based on what we got for the price.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Heard great reviews on their pizza so we decided to go after my sons football game in Fresno. We didn't have time to go home and change so we were in our casual game attire. We walk in and we are not greeted nor we were attended. We seat ourselves then the waiter brings us the menu asks if this was our first time here and we say yes thinking he was going to be extra friendly and recommend certain dishes..Ya right! He never smiled at us didn't even bother to ask if we wanted anything to drink. Just left the menu and walked away. Right after, my son gets up to use the restroom, a party of four walk in and they get attended right away and the waiter comes along and takes my sons menu without asking to give it to someone else! I really felt like we were being stereotyped because of our attire and we were the only non Americans there. We decided to leave because of the poor customer service. We have been to the best award winning pizzeria which is Tony's in San Francisco and we were not treated the way we were at pizano's. Will have to order for take out next time due to poor service.

Visited September 2013
Visalia, California, United States
“A Must Try Restaurant in Visalia, Ca.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Pizano's pizza has the amount of crispy crust and thickness. I had their special of the day which had Italian sausage, pepperoni (little ones) and Carmelites onions. I paired that with a green salad and a glass of red wine.
The manager was there and was very fun.

• Visited July 2013