“Closest to the real deal.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,125 helpful votes
“Closest to the real deal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I do understand why some people would not like it here, they are use to the fake Italian foods around here, people complaining about the sauce, etc. I have been here and the one that used to be in Tulare and both always make great food, from the pasta to their desserts. If you are in town and looking for Italian, well, the closest that you can get will be here, if you are looking for American / Italian then go to the typical Olive grass! I only review food and service, and on both I was very happy! Great food!

Visalia, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch I had the Italiano Ensalada And my husband had the pesto with fettuccine. We both enjoyed our lunch immensely. The service was wonderful. The atmosphere was very authentic although a little dark for lunch. High-quality food at a bargain

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Visalia
“One of the best!! Needs a remodel though”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say there are only two great Italian restaurants in Visalia and this is one of them. The other is Little Italy. I love the Chicken Marsala here and the pizza. I'd really like to see them update the place though. Get rid of the tv up front, looks unprofessional to see employees watching the tube when you first walk in. Gives it a bad impression when you first step into the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ARCADIA, CA
“Solid Italian Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having eaten in a number of restaurants for dinner in Visalia, I think that I can safely say that Rosa's has been the best Italian-style restaurant in the area. The food is Southern Italian, with all the traditional dishes served, and the sauces are also Southern Italian in style. Unlike a previous review, i did not find the sauces I tasted very acid, and i agree with another that they tasted as if they were made with fresh ingredients. Portions are generous, and the Cioppino that I ordered last night was very flavorful, filled with at least 5 different forms of shellfish and 3 different varieties of fish. The service was friendly, and ,as a nice bonus because it was a weekend night,I think, there was an excellent classical guitarist playing throughout dinner. Decor is not fancy but pleasant. I would highly recommend Rosa's if you are in Visalia and would like a very good Italian-style meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ca
“Not very Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Red sauce is fresh out of a can, thick and acidy if there is such a word. Food does not have the Italian flare or flavor of any good Italian food I have had elsewhere. I have tried different dishes , only to experience more of the same,even when I asked for Rose sauce, it was still too thick , red and acid. Try using whole tomatoes crushed.

Visited January 2013