“Good stuff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Granite Bay, California
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was a good place, good food, service, etc. They want mne to say more, actually, we each brought our own wine and I don't remember much about the food, but it was a fun night. I am pretty sure the food was good.

Visited November 2011

“Excellent restaurant to have a long and leisurely gourmet coursed meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is my favorite place in Visalia to eat with my husband or close friends. Let me warn you up front that this is not a quick meal. If you have eaten in Europe it is closer to this style of slowly enjoying your dinner and company. This is also going to be a pricier meal, especially if you order cocktails or wine. If all you want is food, the price is fairly reasonable for the quality and variety of food you will get. My favorite way to order is to get the 3-course meal, which I believe is $40 (this also includes a few little tasty items from the chef). You have a choice of getting 3 of the following: appetizer, cheese, salad/soup, entree, and desert. There menu has a few constants, but most items change to fresh and seasonally inspired choices. I have loved all the fish that I have ordered and surprisingly my favorite items have been curry bok choy and a balsamic Brussels sprout appetizer. I know, doesn't sound amazing, but it is!!!

They make some interesting cocktails with their infused vodkas. I really enjoy the strawberry-basil martini, but these little guys will hike up your bill at $8.

I would definitely recommend for an all adult meal and for people who enjoy creative internationally-inspired food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Good unusual food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I like to try new dishes and this restaurant did that and the new ones we tried were great.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Three Rivers
“Excellent service...Bad food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Love Vintage Press and The Depot...decided to try Jack and Charlies. Will not go back. The service was very good, attentive. We ordered appitizers...The seared Pig Heart (way to raw) and the Fried Calamari... the first bite I took was battered Lemon! Yuck! Then we each ordered at salad... my husband was safe with the mixed green with vinegrette. I chose the Little Gems with "Homemade" Green Goddess. The only thing in this Green Goddess was Fennel! I am not a fan so,.... Then main coarse my hubby chose the Seared Duck...cooked nice but so covered in Peppercorn it looked like the lid had fallen off in the kitchen. This was comming from the man that always wants extra pepper and it was too much. I ordered the Beef Stroganof with House made noodles. The flavor of the sauce was great and the noodles too. But, again....Fennel on top and inside the dish! not good...destroyed the flavor.

So, after Apps, Salad, main course and a bottle of wine...$170.00 later...I would not go back or recommend it to anyone!!! Too bad :((

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco Bay Area
“The best new American cuisine in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Fancy and elegant but not stuffy or calcified. The food is interesting, and the use of ingredients will make you a lover of items you thought you didn't like before. Awesome. The staff is enthusiastic. The owner very helpful. The bar top notch. And did I mention the food? Classics done with freshness and verve. Nothing tastes rote. It all tastes like a sense of intelligent invention is at work. This chef knows what (s)he is doing! Awesome, we will be back. Try the raviolis, Mac and cheeese, and your favorite dishes. They will all please you.