“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here with my eleven year old son and his friend. Very hot weather that week. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet and the breakfast is better than most of the continentals you get at other hotels. Only complaint was from my son and his buddy. No pool.
Would stay here again if on business and my children were not with me.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Well the elevators broke (common occurrence from what others told me) on Friday morning and were not fixed before we left on Sunday. They have no rooms on the ground floor so if you are in a wheelchair, good luck. The only way to get to the stairs was through the smoking section (can I say gross) and yes it is the only way in. They have no stairs that go directly to the lobby either. Then you get to hike up narrow steep stairs that have no air conditioning. Well if that wasn't enough the ice and on our floor broke so we had to use the stairs for yet another purpose. The parking garage has no security cameras or any competent staff who cares (they got off and didn't care about anything that might go on during another shift. I personally thought the 20-30 min donut session on the roof of the parking garage was annoying. Did I mention that they have NO CAMERAS in the parking garage. Rooms were ok and so was the breakfast but that was about it. Really would not recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Elmhurst
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for 11 days on business and certainly won't be back. Downtown location has bars and restaurants nearby but also always a number of beggars and homeless. The hotel is run down and for most of the time I stayed the one elevator was down. 5 days to fix an elevator? The low point was the string of false fire alarms around 4am one night when all of us guests were standing in the street asking each other "Why did we stay here??!" Never again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for one night. they put me in a handicapped room, which would have been fine, except the shower head was placed way over to the side and too low. There was no way to take a normal shower without holding the shower head the entire time. Then on the shower head there was a broken piece of plastic which I cut my hand on. The breakfast was AWFUL, they ran out of food, and they consider brown sugar (for oatmeal) the small packets of raw sugar. I asked for a partial refund and one month later I'm still trying to sort that out (they did offer to give me a partial refund, but that was 3 weeks ago).

It was a Friday night, my room window faced the "night club" across the alley, and music was loud. Most of the TV channels didn't work. For the money I spent this was definitely a rip off. This is the second bad experience I've had at a Choice Hotel (and honestly these two stays are the only stays I've had that were bad enough to complain about and prompt me to write bad reviews). I do not consider myself that picky.

Room Tip: try to get a room that doesn't have the window facing the night club/alley
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pro-
- Right in the middle of downtown Visalia- easy access to restaurant and bars- walking distance
- Very pleasant receptionist
- Hot complimentary breakfast- scramble eggs etc
Cons
- parking was difficult because it was also prom night and many people in town. I think they share their parking with other facilities
- Also there was some music playing all night. We could not make out where the music was coming from

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I plus our two dogs were here for 2 weeks. The staff was friendly and the hotel was kept very clean. The bed comfortable and the pillows I wanted to take home! ! If we come to Visalia for business or pleasure we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
lawrenceville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here on our way to Sequoia park and it is a nice town with the hotel right off the highway. Room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom across from the shower, the set up was little odd but you got use to it. Parking was great and the only weird thing was breakfast. You were given tickets to get into the breakfast area but could not take any food out or up to your room and once you came and went that was it. They had a person monitoring it, I'm not sure if they had a problem in the past but we had been traveling CA all week and this was the first hotel we encountered that which was a bummer for my son as I always try to bring him up a piece of fruit or pastry as he sleeps in as late as possible.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!