“Nice, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Allentown, PA
“Nice, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and the way into Sequoia National Park. It was a fairly standard Comfort Suites - clean, reasonable recently painted, decent breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel for a basic, reasonably priced room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lodi, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I found this hotel to be very reasonablly priced, clean, and conveniently located. Room was spacious and clean. Enjoyed the breakfast. My only complaint is that there is not a swimming pool. I assumed, which is a dangerous thing to do, that there would be a swimming pool at the hotel especially given that the hotel is located in the southern San Joaquin valley where in the summer, it can be hotter than Hades. The kids were very disappointed. Having said that, I would stay there again. It is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went on a business trip and brought my mom to join me. The price was right. One of the things I do is my "clean sock test" I put on a white pair of scoks and walk around doing my usual tasks and if the socks are clean, Im pretty sure the carpet or floors are cleaned, if not ( one place i stayed I will NEVER go back to after this test) I can get a idea of the condition of the rest of the facilities. ( and no I don't think it's wierd) Usually at this price rate I often don't have very high expectations. But this place was a little different. The room was a small queen suite. We had two queen beds and a seperate room with an adtional TV ,fridge, and small wet bar. The separate TV room (with a desk and internet access) is great for a person with kids or a nite owl that has work to do and has another person with them. Visalia is a busy downtown area, there is a Starbucks and some small little places to eat within walking distance. I did appreciate the kindness of the staff as compared to the usual "I live way to close to LA rudeness". The breakfast consisted of great service, coffee, bagel, and I got to make my own belgian waffle. At night from 5-7:00 pm they have a managers special". This was veggies with dip,a nacho bar, swedish meatballs, chicken wings...and get this (my mom loved this) two drinks. (beer) and soda no limit. It was comfortable, clean and we even had the fun of going to the local farmers market on Friday. Also : Yes this is a small town. 2 big perks ..small town friendly people & Sequoia National park a short drive away. :) P.S. parking is free with security.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kingwood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is great in all respects! Clean, convenient location except the pub next door had loud, very loud band outside until after midnight. I put in earplugs at midnight and went to sleep! Heard the sweepers the next morning. I hope tonight is not a repeat of last night!

Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The manager "Mimi" charged my bank account an additional $200 for smoking in my room which is blatantly untrue. I tried to reason with her and remain civil but she refused to compromise a resolution and basically declared me a liar. I hope your $200 robbery was worth it because I will NEVER spend money there again. I wonder how many other patrons have been scammed out of their hard earned money?

• Stayed May 2013
Mimi D, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I am sorry you were unhappy with our Hotel. When you checked in you were told and did
sign that you understood we were a non smoking property.
You were charged for smoking in the room, the fee was to cover the cost of cleaning, so the next guest would not have to smell smoke or be inconvienced by your actions.
Tomales, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

In most ways, the Comfort Suites in downtown Visalia would be a good place to stay -- and maybe our complaint isn't typical of most nights in downtown Visalia. Nevertheless, I think it's fair to report that we had a miserable Sunday night/Monday morning here, due to incessant and high-level outdoor noise. The principal problem was a street sweeper that went up-and-down the downtown streets, making a noise like a jet plane. This lasted from (roughly) midnight to 4 a.m., off-and-on, far and near. Almost as bad was trash trucks lifting, dumping and banging down multi-yard steel dumpsters, right behind the hotel........went on for over an hour, can't imagine how there could have been so many bins to dump. This place might be quiet many nights, but not while we were there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We just spent four days here. What a nice place to stay. The room was big and comfortable with two TVs, one in the sleeping are and one in the living room area. We had good water pressure and the in room coffee was actually not bad. The included breakfast was above average and had a good selection. Also the staff was very polite and respectful. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!