“Great way to have 1st lunch of New Year” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tulare, California
“Great way to have 1st lunch of New Year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Friend from out of town came for New Years and enjoyed our first lunch of the year at Tahoe Joes. It was a great way to start the New Year with a great meal. We will be back to visit again. Thank you!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pitt Meadows, Canada
“It was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had been to a Tahoe Joe's many years ago and when we saw there was one close to our hotel in Visalia we decided it would be a good place for dinner. It was ok. We both had the ribs. We love the ribs you get at Outback Steakhouse and they are much more reasonable. We thought Tahoe Joe's was a little expensive for the quality. Would we go again? Probably not.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Porterville
“value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

reviews of Tahoe Joe's tend to be hit or miss, but I enjoy it., This was the 8th or 9th dinner we've had and all were cooked right and tasty.
I've had the filet and the ribeye, both were cooked exactly right. Not overly seasoned, but with a good cut of beef all it really needs i salt and pepper.
the Campfire Shrimp is excellent, and the dipping sauce mixed with the bed of cabbage makes a great little salad.
For Visalia it's a lot of food for a reasonable price.
The only complaint I have is when it's crowded it's loud, but nearly every restaurant is.
If you'r looking for a good steak dinner it's a fair value, expect to pay $30-40 per person.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
1,306 helpful votes 1,306 helpful votes
“Chain restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Well, it's not bad or great either but it is eatable plus it is ok enough for a change, I have been here few times and those times the meat it's usually not cook as ordered but what else can I expect from a chain restaurant? The quality of food is not the best but it's still ok to eat, I also think the service could be better but by looking at the type of people coming here I can imagine why the service would be not that great. Over all I can only recommend this place if you never been here and you want to experience it first hand but if you know about food and you eat in high end places before you will not like it here. So it's up to you!

Visalia, California, United States
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The food is good but not especially creative or flavorful. They know how to fry and grill stuff. The service is very good but surprisingly slow. Three of us arrived early for lunch, so the place was not busy yet. We waited longer than I have a busier places. I might return at someone else's insistence, but I would prefer to try a new place or go to tried and true favorite.

Visited August 2013