“First time and we were not disappointed on this night!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Northern California
“First time and we were not disappointed on this night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overnighting in Visalia - we were in the mood for a good steak. I did some on-line research but there wasn't a clear winner. Found this steakhouse not too far from our hotel and decided to give it a try. The decor was interesting and eye-catching. The noise level was fine for us - busy but not overly loud. You can carry on a conversation easily with those at your table. Our wait staff was busy but attentive. He took our drink order and I noticed that he made our drinks as well (not sure if they were short-staffed? or he does dual duty?); either way, the drinks were fine. He offered a "tour" of the menu but we were already to order. I ordered the steak and shrimp (grilled). HB wanted a steak but since he likes his med well - we asked if he should order the smaller steak. Waiter said - no - go for the larger sirloin as the chef does a good job (and won't butterfly it either). All I can say is that the meal was excellent! My steak was flavorful. HB's steak was also done perfectly and very tasty. Came with green beans - fresh and done right (not soggy). We were stuffed before the end of our meal, so you will get plenty. Then we were offered free dessert as we were first timers! Wow! We chose the apple pie slice and the waiter brought it to go as we were very full. A great experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Visalia
“I really tried to give it a shot...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to Tahoe Joe's on 3 occassions. Each time I had a different cut of beef, the first time was either a T-Bone or Porterhouse and the last two were Filet Mignon. I have eaten a lot of these steaks over the years but there has always been something really off with the taste of their beef. I like the atmosphere there but the last time I was there I dared the waitress to take a bite of the Filet Mignon. I could not eat it. All I could think of was a line from the movie O'Brother, Where Art Thou? "I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I believe she's startin' to turn".

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, CA
“Good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My son and I had dinner at Tahoe Joe's, the swordfish was cooked just perfect and the service was very good. I have lunch there and enjoy their sandwiches also. Everyone is friendly and make you feel at home.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ivanhoe, California
“love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife was wanting a steak for dinner so we went to Tahoe Joes. Service was wonderful, and so was the food. My wife had a cabin combo with the 6 oz Joes Steak with the sierra mountain ribs with the baked potato. the steak was cooked well as she wanted with the smaller part the same as the bigger part, no pink not burnt. The ribs literally fell off the bones and melted in the mouth ( I tried a piece). the neat thing about the baked potato is the size and the carousel they bring out with sour cream,butter,chives,and bacon bits that you tell them how much you want on the potato. I had the wood grilled chicken and it was good with the BBQ sauce. If in the Visalia area good place to eat reasonably and still get the flair of a higher end steak house

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copperhill, Tennessee
“Was Expecting More ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After reading reviews on TA, thought this would be a GREAT place; but for us, the food was a little disappointing. We were really hungry for a very flavorful steak, & unfortunately are still searching .... However, we did have a good waiter, & the mashed potatoes & green beans were tasty. Nice decor. Wouldn't go out of our way to eat here again, tho.

• Visited November 2012