“Could be better .... but good rate for quick stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
BAKERSFIELD
“Could be better .... but good rate for quick stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Friendly staff. I believe that they should let us know that we had to check out an iron. Instead I was forced to go down stairs in the early cold morning and check one out. Had I known I would have Done that the moment I checked in. Plus there was no ironing board.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stopped in this hotel one night before to go to sequoia park. Although this hotel is closed to the park, try to find an other one! The room was really expensive ofr the time (winter), old, cold and dirty. At least the breakfast was not so bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at this same motel a number of times. It is adequate and for the price it's all I can expect. Only problem was I reserved a smoking room and when I checked in there were non available. I realize this was beyond the managements control because of stay-overs and smokers are not popular but maybe there should be more smoking rooms available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Garden Grove, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

we wanted to save money and we did. This motel is not in new condition, but our room was clean, and smelled nice. We stayed 2 nights and had the continental breakfast included. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area. The king sized bed was nice and firm. Overall, quiet although you are right next to a highway. I slept well and I'm a light sleeper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brecon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the 4th October 2012 for one night.
When booking we had requested a quiet ground King floor room, we booked on line through the Super 8 site as they offer a 10% discount for seniors.
The elderly gentleman who checked us in was efficient if somewhat pre-occupied. The room that he offered was on the ground floor but with twin queens, and it wasn't quiet either. The room above us had a "lively" child who was delighting in jumping on his floor between running constantly around the room. So bad was the insulation that I made a complaint to the aforsaid elderly gentleman, who phoned through my complaint to the occupants of the room above us. I feel that a visit would have been more professional. Poor noise insulation is a symptom of older properties and this one showed sign of poor maintenance for example one of the chairs was so rickerty as to be potentially dangerous and the room was very tired indeed. My wife used the guest laundry which although only amounting to one washer and one dryer, was efficient and well priced as any she has used this trip,
In keeping with this our worst Super 8 experience (The best being in Custer), the breakfast was small and poor,in fact the bearest minimum that could be called a breakfast.
The location, just off of the Interstate junction is the best point of this hotel, but in future we'd keep on driving.

Room Tip: If you can make the stairs, stay on the top floor.