“True to Fairfield standard” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Mansfield, OH
“True to Fairfield standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

One thing nice about staying at a good "chain" hotel is the consistency of its service. Fairfield Inn at Visalia upholds the high values of serving the business class travelers. All of the "techy" perks that a business person would want are available here. We only used the internet access, however. The staff was courteous and helpful, even providing a needed postage stamp. We had a standard room with 2 comfortable queen sized beds, hair dryer, coffee service and a great view of the city's Fourth of July fireworks. ;-) My 2 teenagers took advantage of the towels laid invitingly on the chairs around the indoor pool and hot tub. The deluxe hot breakfast consisted of hot and cold cereals, yogurt, bread items, muffins, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, juices, fresh fruit, coffee and a machine to make your own fresh waffles. Yum! We would definitely recommend staying here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

We stayed here two nights as a launching point for Seqoia and Kings Canyon Nat. Parks, so we did not plan on being in the room much other than to sleep. The room was clean and the furnishings were newer than most places I've stayed at recently. The beds were not uncomfortable at all and the wireless internet worked perfectly fine. Free breakfast was much above average, since they included things like yogurt, fruit cups and real oatmeal in addition to the standard waffles and cereal. The only complaint I have is that our room was right next to the stairwell and you could hear noise from it well into the night.

• Stayed May 2006
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

Been staying there 4-5 nights per month for over a year now. You can walk to Denny's or Applebee's if you are lazy... better places to eat a few minutes drive away. Continental breakfast is above average - waffles, real oatmeal, fruit, etc. Parking is adequate. Yet to have an issue...

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
sunbury on thames
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

We stayed here on the way back to San Francisco. The hotel is centrally located and parking was fine. The rooms were very plain but clean and white. They had a big TV and air con/heating unit. There were tea and coffee facilites. I would recommend you ask not to be in our room #107 as it was directly opposite the breakfast room and ice machine. We were woken up by children and inconsiderate parents who were taking a nice early breakfast on Saturday morning. Othere benefits were the indoor pool and free internet access.

• Stayed February 2006
Blankenberge, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

The Fairfield is a convenient hotel to stay at if you're looking for something close to Hwy 198. It has a Denny's, Pizza Hut, Applebee's, gas n-shop, drive-thru espresso place within walking distance. But the mattresses are not comfortable at all. The morning manager told me they were 5 years old.

Considering that the room was over a $100, I would stay somewhere else next time.

One redeeming factor was the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

I have stayed at this property twice in the past six months for business. The hotel is immaculate, as most Marriott properties are. On my second stay I reserved an executive king room and appreciated the extra space as I spent the evening working. I wound up using the couch and coffee table (thanks to the wireless internet access) as much as the desk.

The few staff members that I encountered were friendly and helpfull. The wireless high-speed internet worked perfectly, which I depend on.

The continental breakfast which is included with the room is about average. Besides breads, there are hardbioled eggs, cooked oatmeal, and cook-em-yourselfe waffels.

The hotel has a good location, right off the freeway. There are three restaurants within 100 yards: Pizza Hut, Denny's, and Applebees. There is plenty of free parking adjacent to the hotel.

My only concern was that upon check-in I had to sign an understanding that if I smoked in my no-smoking room, there would be a $100 cleaning charge. I was not worrked about my smoking, but worried that others had in the past. My fears were unfounded, my no-smoking room was just that.

My final coment is my recommendation. I will stay here whenever I am in the area.

I have posted a few digital images of this property on webshots

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

The hotel was neat and clean but the front desk staff was a little confused and seemed falsely concerned. Ever made a request or asked a question and although the response is polite and with a smile, you get the sense that the negative response is a standard answer instead of them trying to find a solution? That is the impression I got from three different staff members. (In other words, a too quick response instead of looking into it or even getting back to you). I have a feeling that there was a big training effort happening but I’m not sure what was going on. I had reserved a king bed for my three night stay but was given two queen beds (I needed the extra floor space & comfortable chair as I was working on a project in my room). I asked upon check in and again the following day if I could move into a different room, but they were not able to accommodate my request (again, I had this type of room reserved months in advance). The wireless Internet was intermittently successful and the front desk could not help with passwords. My colleague in a different room provided the correct login and password. All in all, my stay was okay, but I am going to explore a different location next time I’m in Visalia on business.

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!