“Good location, poor beds” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Blankenberge, Belgium
“Good location, poor beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

The Fairfield is a convenient hotel to stay at if you're looking for something close to Hwy 198. It has a Denny's, Pizza Hut, Applebee's, gas n-shop, drive-thru espresso place within walking distance. But the mattresses are not comfortable at all. The morning manager told me they were 5 years old.

Considering that the room was over a $100, I would stay somewhere else next time.

One redeeming factor was the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

I have stayed at this property twice in the past six months for business. The hotel is immaculate, as most Marriott properties are. On my second stay I reserved an executive king room and appreciated the extra space as I spent the evening working. I wound up using the couch and coffee table (thanks to the wireless internet access) as much as the desk.

The few staff members that I encountered were friendly and helpfull. The wireless high-speed internet worked perfectly, which I depend on.

The continental breakfast which is included with the room is about average. Besides breads, there are hardbioled eggs, cooked oatmeal, and cook-em-yourselfe waffels.

The hotel has a good location, right off the freeway. There are three restaurants within 100 yards: Pizza Hut, Denny's, and Applebees. There is plenty of free parking adjacent to the hotel.

My only concern was that upon check-in I had to sign an understanding that if I smoked in my no-smoking room, there would be a $100 cleaning charge. I was not worrked about my smoking, but worried that others had in the past. My fears were unfounded, my no-smoking room was just that.

My final coment is my recommendation. I will stay here whenever I am in the area.

I have posted a few digital images of this property on webshots

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

The hotel was neat and clean but the front desk staff was a little confused and seemed falsely concerned. Ever made a request or asked a question and although the response is polite and with a smile, you get the sense that the negative response is a standard answer instead of them trying to find a solution? That is the impression I got from three different staff members. (In other words, a too quick response instead of looking into it or even getting back to you). I have a feeling that there was a big training effort happening but I’m not sure what was going on. I had reserved a king bed for my three night stay but was given two queen beds (I needed the extra floor space & comfortable chair as I was working on a project in my room). I asked upon check in and again the following day if I could move into a different room, but they were not able to accommodate my request (again, I had this type of room reserved months in advance). The wireless Internet was intermittently successful and the front desk could not help with passwords. My colleague in a different room provided the correct login and password. All in all, my stay was okay, but I am going to explore a different location next time I’m in Visalia on business.

Carlisle-UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

Stayed here on 26 & 27th march 2004. This hotel is superb, we had a great stay it is clean & tidy with a great location for visiting the national parks in the area. The have an indoor pool & hot tub which is great to soak in after a hard day hiking around the parks. The inn does a continental breakfast included they do not have a retsurant but there is a Dennys for a full breakfast & across the road is appledees which is a must for lunch or dinner. The staff were friendly, helpful & efficent at check in. The room was spacious, very clean & well mantained. We had a wonderful stay & would stay again.

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn Visalia

Address: 140 South Akers Street, Visalia, CA 93291
Location: United States > California > Visalia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn Visalia 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn Visalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Visalia Hotel Visalia
Fairfield Visalia
Visalia Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn Visalia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.