“Two Positive Experiences” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Huntington Beach, CA
“Two Positive Experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

I have stayed at this property twice in the past six months for business. The hotel is immaculate, as most Marriott properties are. On my second stay I reserved an executive king room and appreciated the extra space as I spent the evening working. I wound up using the couch and coffee table (thanks to the wireless internet access) as much as the desk.

The few staff members that I encountered were friendly and helpfull. The wireless high-speed internet worked perfectly, which I depend on.

The continental breakfast which is included with the room is about average. Besides breads, there are hardbioled eggs, cooked oatmeal, and cook-em-yourselfe waffels.

The hotel has a good location, right off the freeway. There are three restaurants within 100 yards: Pizza Hut, Denny's, and Applebees. There is plenty of free parking adjacent to the hotel.

My only concern was that upon check-in I had to sign an understanding that if I smoked in my no-smoking room, there would be a $100 cleaning charge. I was not worrked about my smoking, but worried that others had in the past. My fears were unfounded, my no-smoking room was just that.

My final coment is my recommendation. I will stay here whenever I am in the area.

I have posted a few digital images of this property on webshots

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

The hotel was neat and clean but the front desk staff was a little confused and seemed falsely concerned. Ever made a request or asked a question and although the response is polite and with a smile, you get the sense that the negative response is a standard answer instead of them trying to find a solution? That is the impression I got from three different staff members. (In other words, a too quick response instead of looking into it or even getting back to you). I have a feeling that there was a big training effort happening but I’m not sure what was going on. I had reserved a king bed for my three night stay but was given two queen beds (I needed the extra floor space & comfortable chair as I was working on a project in my room). I asked upon check in and again the following day if I could move into a different room, but they were not able to accommodate my request (again, I had this type of room reserved months in advance). The wireless Internet was intermittently successful and the front desk could not help with passwords. My colleague in a different room provided the correct login and password. All in all, my stay was okay, but I am going to explore a different location next time I’m in Visalia on business.

Carlisle-UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

Stayed here on 26 & 27th march 2004. This hotel is superb, we had a great stay it is clean & tidy with a great location for visiting the national parks in the area. The have an indoor pool & hot tub which is great to soak in after a hard day hiking around the parks. The inn does a continental breakfast included they do not have a retsurant but there is a Dennys for a full breakfast & across the road is appledees which is a must for lunch or dinner. The staff were friendly, helpful & efficent at check in. The room was spacious, very clean & well mantained. We had a wonderful stay & would stay again.

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!