“A last minute but great decision” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Sacramento, California
“A last minute but great decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visit family about twice every year in the area. This time, we came up and decided to stay overnight at the last minute. We usually stay at another area hotel but there was a large convention in town that booked up our usual place and a couple of other hotels in town as well. Luckily we were able to find a room at the Fairfield Inn. What a great decision! The rooms were clean and well appointed, and personnel in guest services were very helpful in checking us in. They also had a complimentary breakfast that while busy in the morning was nicely stocked and included a hostess. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Sabrina C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi MGD67,
Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn Visalia! We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review about your stay. We're so glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again soon!

Have a great weekend! :)

Sabrina Catanho - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
arcadia, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015

We have stayed at this Fairfield Inn approximately 6 times and have enjoyed every stay. The rooms are moderately spacious and always very clean. The free breakfast is great and generous. The lady serving breakfast is gracious and very kind to our grandchildren. The indoor pool and hot tub are clean with plenty of towels. The management and their employees accommodate our needs from a convenient room to recommendations for dinner. They always give us excellent directions. Parking is easy all the time. We look forward to returning whenever we go to the Visalia area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sabrina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, May 23, 2015
Hi Pedeyez,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel and staff! We really appreciate your feedback and business and we are looking forward to your next visit. If you ever need anything please feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you and have a great day!

David Veale
Assistant General Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Visalia, California for two nights. The check-in process was seamless. She asked if I was a rewards member. I didn't have my card but she happily looked for it. Took a couple of phone numbers and zip codes but she found me and credited my account.

The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. Plenty of pillows. Easy to operate air conditioning/heating unit under the window.

The lack of available outlets by the desk was really the only hiccup in the room. The toilet was running a little bit, nothing to disturb me, but maintenance wasn't available on the weekend.

The breakfast was adequate. Eggs, sausage patties, cereals, breads, a waffle maker, yogurt, etc. The breakfast room isn't huge so it was pretty crowded Saturday morning around 8:00 a.m. There are also several restaurants nearby.

The indoor pool looked nice, although I didn't use it. Check out was quick. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to fill out our survey! We really appreciate your feedback and business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and if there is anything you need please feel free to contact us anytime. Have a wonderful day!

David Veale
Assistant General Manager
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We've stayed with Marriott chains often and have always been satisfied. When we decided to visit sequoia, we ended up picking this location. We stayed a couple of nights, just a quick visit at the park, which was spectacular. The hotel was less than unfortunately. The first morning breakfast was terrible, out of many item, no sausages, OJ, or cream cheese for the bagels. We were in the room hanging out before we checked out when the maid came in unannounced. She apologized but quite unprofessional. This was my first stay at Fairfield. I think I'll try a different chain next time.

Stayed March 2015
Sabrina C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we were out of many of our breakfast items. I can definitely see how this would give you a negative impression. I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel. I would like to be able to do something for you, but I don't have your contact information. If you would please call me at the hotel I would love to speak with you more about this. (559) 636-7600.

Sabrina Catanho
Midland, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

I like to stay at Marriott properties. However this property is middle of the road.

Staff is great. Breakfast is decent. Very convenient location.

Personally, I like the Fairfield Inn located 10 miles away versus this property. The other one is much better value in my opinion.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

We love to stay at Marriott Hotels. This one has a good location, easy to find off of hwy 5 when you are on a fast road trip. There is a Dennys, a pizza hut, and an Applebys, within walking distance.
The but, they are using way too many air fresheners in the rooms and in the building and this is a problem for sensitive people, who are really the canaries of the world, sending off warnings. Also, not having a fridge is a problem for people on the road which I think are the usual clients.
But so much more potential to be a great hotel with a little work. Staff are excellent!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Sabrina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Hi Vekel,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience about our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback! I apologize for any inconveince you had with our air fresheners, we are in process of trying out a new product. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again if your travels bring you back to Visalia. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
David Veale Assistant General Manager
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

So this is the other hotel we stay in when visiting Visalia. We come often due to family in the area.

We used to stay here more often when the kids were small and the hotel was newer. I think the place is overdue for an update. The rooms tend to have an off-putting smell and the bathrooms are sort of cheap and plasticky - most hotels now have nicer bathrooms.

The indoor pool is great and very popular with guests. Visalia is hot as Hades in the summertime and cool in the winter, so swimming indoors is a great option. Climate control could be better in the pool room- it can get very balmy/steamy in there.

Breakfast is free in the small lobby breakfast room. It gets crowded at peak weekend times, so we often just say forget it and head for the Denny's across the parking lot. The food in the breakfast room is what you would expect for a free breakfast - hardboiled eggs, yogurts, cereals etc.

I've had real problems with the wifi at this hotel. One trip I even moved to the Marriott downtown because I needed to work and couldn't get anything done there. It is definitely not well set up as a business hotel. The majority of the guests seem to be leisure travelers.

We generally stay at the downtown Marriott these days but would consider this hotel again if the Marriott were not available or if I hear they have remodeled the rooms.

By the way, I've always encountered really nice, helpful staff at this hotel, including the cleaning lady.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you plan to use the pool a lot, otherwise ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sabrina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Hi Mamabearette, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out our survey! With all the issues you pointed out were glad that you still would stay with us. The pool room is kept a couple of degrees warmer than the pool for guest comfort and our breakfast does include scrambled eggs, sasuage, fresh hot oatmeal, bagels, muffins, etc. We were pleased to hear that our staff continued to meet your expectations and we hope to see you again! Have a wonderful new year! David Veale Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#6 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 297 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!