“Not up to my expectations” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Seattle, Washington
“Not up to my expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've stayed with Marriott chains often and have always been satisfied. When we decided to visit sequoia, we ended up picking this location. We stayed a couple of nights, just a quick visit at the park, which was spectacular. The hotel was less than unfortunately. The first morning breakfast was terrible, out of many item, no sausages, OJ, or cream cheese for the bagels. We were in the room hanging out before we checked out when the maid came in unannounced. She apologized but quite unprofessional. This was my first stay at Fairfield. I think I'll try a different chain next time.

Stayed March 2015
Sabrina C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we were out of many of our breakfast items. I can definitely see how this would give you a negative impression. I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel. I would like to be able to do something for you, but I don't have your contact information. If you would please call me at the hotel I would love to speak with you more about this. (559) 636-7600.

Sabrina Catanho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
Midland, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

I like to stay at Marriott properties. However this property is middle of the road.

Staff is great. Breakfast is decent. Very convenient location.

Personally, I like the Fairfield Inn located 10 miles away versus this property. The other one is much better value in my opinion.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

We love to stay at Marriott Hotels. This one has a good location, easy to find off of hwy 5 when you are on a fast road trip. There is a Dennys, a pizza hut, and an Applebys, within walking distance.
The but, they are using way too many air fresheners in the rooms and in the building and this is a problem for sensitive people, who are really the canaries of the world, sending off warnings. Also, not having a fridge is a problem for people on the road which I think are the usual clients.
But so much more potential to be a great hotel with a little work. Staff are excellent!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Sabrina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Hi Vekel,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience about our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback! I apologize for any inconveince you had with our air fresheners, we are in process of trying out a new product. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again if your travels bring you back to Visalia. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
David Veale Assistant General Manager
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

So this is the other hotel we stay in when visiting Visalia. We come often due to family in the area.

We used to stay here more often when the kids were small and the hotel was newer. I think the place is overdue for an update. The rooms tend to have an off-putting smell and the bathrooms are sort of cheap and plasticky - most hotels now have nicer bathrooms.

The indoor pool is great and very popular with guests. Visalia is hot as Hades in the summertime and cool in the winter, so swimming indoors is a great option. Climate control could be better in the pool room- it can get very balmy/steamy in there.

Breakfast is free in the small lobby breakfast room. It gets crowded at peak weekend times, so we often just say forget it and head for the Denny's across the parking lot. The food in the breakfast room is what you would expect for a free breakfast - hardboiled eggs, yogurts, cereals etc.

I've had real problems with the wifi at this hotel. One trip I even moved to the Marriott downtown because I needed to work and couldn't get anything done there. It is definitely not well set up as a business hotel. The majority of the guests seem to be leisure travelers.

We generally stay at the downtown Marriott these days but would consider this hotel again if the Marriott were not available or if I hear they have remodeled the rooms.

By the way, I've always encountered really nice, helpful staff at this hotel, including the cleaning lady.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you plan to use the pool a lot, otherwise ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sabrina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Hi Mamabearette, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out our survey! With all the issues you pointed out were glad that you still would stay with us. The pool room is kept a couple of degrees warmer than the pool for guest comfort and our breakfast does include scrambled eggs, sasuage, fresh hot oatmeal, bagels, muffins, etc. We were pleased to hear that our staff continued to meet your expectations and we hope to see you again! Have a wonderful new year! David Veale Assistant General Manager
Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Felicia (I hope I spelled that correctly and I apologize if I did not), Met us with open arms, she was warm and kind and very helpful, I am a Silver rewards member and have traveled across the United States and have been to many Fairfield and Marriott Hotels, and this was what I have come to expect the very best, but this one goes above and beyond, from offering printed detailed locations of restaurants, stores and even laundry facilities, there is a heated indoor pool and the rooms are warm and cozy, everything was clean throughout the property inside and out, Everything we experienced was fantastic, I would highly recommend this location, the people here really care and deserve the recognition they so rightly deserve, I for one will be notifying Marriott Corporate and advising them on the level of excellence this location exhibits, They go out of their way to make sure everything is done right or they do what ever it takes to make it right, Thank you Felicia and everyone at Fairfield Inn Visalia

Room Tip: all rooms are cozy and easily accessible
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Molly B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, December 19, 2014
Hi Mr. Tim W,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to fill out our survey. We were very pleased to read your review of our hotel, i'm so glad your stay with us was great! Felicia is one of our newer employees and has been doing a wonderful job since day one, you made her day with your comments. I hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year. If there is anything you need from us please let us know. Thank you again!!

David Veale
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my boyfriend using points. We didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were going to the Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Parks during the day. It was a bit of a drive, but worth it since we were essentially staying at the hotel for free.

The hotel is basic but clean and comfortable, and the (free) breakfast offered a decent selection of food.

The staff were very friendly, but borderline intrusive, so we actually started entering and leaving the hotel from a side entrance to avoid conversation. I should emphasize that we could tell they meant well, and their heart was in the right place. We found it rather funny, especially since they made an assumption that we are married and were calling us Mr/Mrs MyLastName (which is actually... my ex-husband's last name).

The breakfast room is small and gets pretty crowded, so get there early if you can. There are several chain restaurants available close by.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review!
I'm so sorry that the staff went a little overboard. I will make sure to let them know to be more careful about this. We are trained also to call everyone Mr. or Mrs. ____. I undrstand sometimes that can be a little tricky and I apologize that we got your names wrong! If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to let me know!
Have a great day! :)
Sabrina Catanho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Comfort and amenities that I have come to expect from this great brand. However this location is starting to show wear and tear and a bit of age. It is time for beds and carpets to be replaced although everything was clean and well kept. Overall a good experience with a fantastic staff.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hi Mr. Jonathon M,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out our survey. Thank you so much for your positive comments, we are hoping to get our hotel updated soon. We hope you have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year.

David Veale
Assistant General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!