“The very best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Lithia, Florida
“The very best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Felicia (I hope I spelled that correctly and I apologize if I did not), Met us with open arms, she was warm and kind and very helpful, I am a Silver rewards member and have traveled across the United States and have been to many Fairfield and Marriott Hotels, and this was what I have come to expect the very best, but this one goes above and beyond, from offering printed detailed locations of restaurants, stores and even laundry facilities, there is a heated indoor pool and the rooms are warm and cozy, everything was clean throughout the property inside and out, Everything we experienced was fantastic, I would highly recommend this location, the people here really care and deserve the recognition they so rightly deserve, I for one will be notifying Marriott Corporate and advising them on the level of excellence this location exhibits, They go out of their way to make sure everything is done right or they do what ever it takes to make it right, Thank you Felicia and everyone at Fairfield Inn Visalia

Room Tip: all rooms are cozy and easily accessible
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my boyfriend using points. We didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were going to the Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Parks during the day. It was a bit of a drive, but worth it since we were essentially staying at the hotel for free.

The hotel is basic but clean and comfortable, and the (free) breakfast offered a decent selection of food.

The staff were very friendly, but borderline intrusive, so we actually started entering and leaving the hotel from a side entrance to avoid conversation. I should emphasize that we could tell they meant well, and their heart was in the right place. We found it rather funny, especially since they made an assumption that we are married and were calling us Mr/Mrs MyLastName (which is actually... my ex-husband's last name).

The breakfast room is small and gets pretty crowded, so get there early if you can. There are several chain restaurants available close by.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review!
I'm so sorry that the staff went a little overboard. I will make sure to let them know to be more careful about this. We are trained also to call everyone Mr. or Mrs. ____. I undrstand sometimes that can be a little tricky and I apologize that we got your names wrong! If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to let me know!
Have a great day! :)
Sabrina Catanho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Comfort and amenities that I have come to expect from this great brand. However this location is starting to show wear and tear and a bit of age. It is time for beds and carpets to be replaced although everything was clean and well kept. Overall a good experience with a fantastic staff.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

I stayed at Fairfield a week ago and I thought it was wonderful, the rooms were clean, the staff was super friendly, and the pool was nice. Complaints about the hotel itself would be that the pillows were overused and lumpy, and also the breakfast area was way to small and very packed, eggs were soggy and sausage was cold in the middle. Now my major issue was the fact that they overcharged my credit card $65 but had no idea where it came from I had to have my bank fix the problem, on top of that they decided to wait a week to take their actual payment from my bank account which I find to be a hassle. If I ever stay again I will use cash only and I suggest you do the same, they can not be trusted with access to your bank account.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear MMM1483,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for filling out a review about our hotel. I see you had a problem with your credit card. If I recall we spoke about this prior to you checking out. I apologize for the inconvenience of you having to deal with this. As we discussed that day, on our end we did not see the charge that appeared on your account and after calling customer care they did not see it either. If you have any details provided to you by your bank that you could share with me I'd really appreciate it so we can ensure we prevent this from happening in the future. Again, I am so sorry for this inconvenience. We've never had this situation occur. If there is anything we can do to change your sentiment regarding your stay please don't hesitate to let me know. I hope other than this issue you enjoyed your stay. I hope to hear from you, and hope that you will stay with us again. We will do whatever we can to regain your trust and your business.

Have a great weekend!

Sabrina Catanho
Monte Sereno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel after a tiring day touring Kings Canyon National Park. It was a good hotel at a very fair price. The breakfast was a bit sparse as we were there on Labor Day and the family crowd was large but it was a still decent free breakfast and I'm sure the Holiday was exceptionally busy. Many fast food restaurants and stores are near the hotel. Overall a good choice for a family or a quick business trip. Still a drive but a reasonable choice if you are touring the two large national parks.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Hi Mr. Monte-Sereno,

Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the limited space in the breakfast room. We had an extremely large group in house for a family reunion. Thank you so much for understanding! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again if you're ever in the area again. :)

Have a great day!
torrance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Was only here for a brief overnighter, but the room (twin doubles) was very comfortable and extremely clean. TV was great with a well functioning remote (I've had problems with this at other hotels). Bathroom was large with lots of counter space. Shower had great pressure and water volume. Hotel was very quiet.
Hotel had a very nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, and adequate breakfast. That said, the room may be a little tight (but manageable) for a family of 4 that might have a lot of luggage on the floor.
Good location ... only a short drive to the Downtown District and an Applebee;s across the street.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I truly appreciate your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon if you're ever in the area. Have a great day! :)
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We originally planned on spending an entire week here but changed our reservation when we realized it's a good 1.5+ hours away from anything to see in the park. It's a lovely location and worked well with our travel plans. No issues. Clean room. Good Breakfast. Everything we expect from a Marriott. It's our hotel of choice and we measure all others by the 'Marriott Standard'.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JM,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future. :)

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!