“Above average because of excellent management” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Vail, Arizona
“Above average because of excellent management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I usually stay at Courtyards when traveling on business, but recent price increases at the Courtyards, including lack of free breakfast and coffee, is pushing me more towards other properties such as the Fairfield Inns when possible. This Fairfield Inn is, from the perspective of the property itself, an average experience. The building is aging but not too old, the interior and the rooms are maybe a little rough around the edges but not in ways that most people would notice. The breakfast was the typical fare you'd find at most other similar hotels (such as Hamptons) -- hot scrambled eggs and sausage, waffle machine, assortment of breads, fruit salad, yogurts, etc. The breakfast food that these hotels serve typically come from vendors such as Sysco -- it's pre-cooked in a factory and then reheated by the hotel staff. If you want something more than this and are willing to pay for it, there are restaurants right across the parking lot, within walking distance.

Anyway, what really impressed me about the Fairfield Inn Visalia, and pushed this from an average review to above-average, was the management. The front desk staff was very friendly and seemed to care a great deal about the quality of the service and the facilities, and in providing a good value. For example, I was hoping for a king room, but the only one they had left had a broken television. When I told them I didn't watch TV much and didn't care about that, they not only gave me the room but offered to cut the rate down significantly because the TV wasn't working. Definitely a win-win for everyone. It's interesting that although it's the same hotel chain (Marriott), the Fairfields can definitely attract the business travelers such as myself, and even win my business over a Courtyard (which are becoming a bit stuffy), by being so appealing and welcoming. Excellent experience all the way around.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Fairfield is my back-up hotel when I'm unable to book a room at my preferred location. Good over-all hotel, nothing special, basic accommodations at a fair price. This location could stand a refresh and more electrical outlets to accommodate the many electronic devices most people travel with and faster wifi.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time out to rate us. I am happy to hear we are your Back Up Plan. I hope that in the future we can become the place for you to stay for you. I will share your comments with the staff to see where we can improve. We hope the rest of your travels were safe and enjoyable.

Thank you for staying!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed in visalua before and we like the place. It's a good stop when you want to visit the sequoia park. It has a heated pool and the breakfast is ok to, clean , quiet rooms and somd restaurants in the neughbourhood. Forget about the coffee
next door at primo expresso

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your great comments! We appreciate you visiting us!
Kalamazoo MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is one hour east of Sequoia NP, great location.
It is surrounded by shops, and walking distance from downtown.
Place looks clean, and feels nice... BUT
the hot tub is broken and the indoor pool temperature is
nowhere the 86 degrees, closer to 75...
Hotel staff could not fix the temperature, they had to tell maintenance
folks to fix for following day... too bad we were gone...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest
I understand your frustration with the Spa being closed. We are truely sorry. I thank you for your comments and will share them with the staff. We hope the remainder of your travels were enjoyable. Have a wonderful day!
Molly
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our family had a great night's sleep at this location. More importantly, the front desk was very accomodating with my daughter's need to use the internet for her online coursework. The breakfast was good sized, although it was hard to find front desk people early in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your wonderful comments! I will share them with my team. We hope that the remainder of your travels are safe and enjoyable.

Have a wonderful day!
Dana Point, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn here for just one night on business. I am normally a Marriott Courtyard Inn person, but it seems that Marriott has decided to raise the prices on Courtyards just enough to make them out of reach of the lower end business travelers like me. So, I stay at Fairfield Inn's now.
This one was a good location, right off the freeway and with indoor access to rooms which I prefer over outside access "Motel style" rooms.
The room was clean for the most part. The only reason why they got a lower score for me is the bed comfort. Not sure where they got their beds for this Fairfield Inn, but they were lumpy, uneven and just not super comfortable. I was surprised, because Marriott usually is way above the average Hotel room for bed comfort.
The complimentary Breakfast was good, but not great. A okay selection of things to eat, but it's complimentary, so what can I say?
The reception was very nice, a nice young gentleman helped me and was very courteous and professional.
Overall, a good Hotel in a great location if you're in this area. I just think after taxes to pay $125 for a Fairfield Inn is a bit steep. I use to be able to stay at Courtyard Inn's for $99. What happened?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry we fell short in your expectations on our beds. I will ensure I pass that along to the appropriate department. I am please with the other comments regarding our hotel. I am happy the remainder of your stay was enjoyable.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for several nights in February. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. The location is 10 minutes from the Visalia Convention Center but those who have the option would probably prefer to stay at the full service Marriott that is within walking distance of the convention center. This hotel did have a fairly nice indoor pool as well as a hot tub. The room was clean and comfortable, though the hotel overall gave the impression of needing to be updated. The area of the hotel smelled strongly of manure. I thought this may have been due to nearby farmers spreading their fields but the oversized air freshener positioned at the entrance to the hotel made me wonder if the stink was a common problem.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking time give a review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are glad to see that your overall stay was pleasant. As for the smell, yes we do have several daries in Central California and during the winter months they can be a little on the strong side. We hope you had a safe travel home and hope to see you again in the future!
Have a wonderful day!

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!