“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
High Point, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights here while attending a wedding nearby, and were quite happy with all aspects of Fairfield Inn. We booked @ $89 a night, which I thought was a good rate, and when I found that another in our group had booked @ $80 per night, they cheerfully adjusted our rate to match. The room was quite nice, very clean, with good water pressure and fluffy towels in the bathroom. Breakfast offerings were good and varied. Good coffee and lots of it all day long. Will certainly stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We found this hotel last minute and couldn't have been happier. The staff were all very friendly, helpful, welcoming and kind. The continental breakfast was good and the woman there very helpful and accommodating, the room was very clean and spacious, the desk staff very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. My husband and I got a very good night's sleep and woke up happy. So I think you'll be hopefully happy too if you stay here. Great job Fairfield Inn! We would definitely come back and stay here the next time in we're in this area.

Belmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last min. trip to visit my niece and grand niece whom live w/ in-laws. Found Inn on tripadvisor and received a really great rate at $79 a night, considering it was a three day weekend. Room was clean as well as the rest of the hotel. It was February 2013 when I went, so didn't even think about using a pool, which if I new it was a indoor pool, I would have brought my swim suit and used. Really nice indoor pool. Breakfast was just the basic, bagels, etc., that you get for free (no hot food). Area is great as there is a Denny's, Pizza place, gas, all right there. Again, I went to this site for this hotel, in early June, as I was planning my birthday/vacation trip, to see my niece again but the rates where way to high. One night stay or five nights (didn't matter) the lowest I could find was $140 a night. So there you be it! Nice hotel, but not for that price. Went a head and stayed at the Best Western Plus Town and Country in Tulare and was very happy and even had a hot free breakfast. So, no complains except the price. Yes I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I haven't been to this hotel for about 4 years, but my regular stop in Visalia was booked. Staff were nice, and the rooms are a solid for this chain, but I had a good nights sleep. Breakfast is what you expect for free. A couple of really good points is that there are Restaurants all round you, and if you are not a hight end dinner you can walk to them. The other great thing is the indoor swimming pool. It get hot around those parts and its nice to keep inside and exercise. I think some decorating might be in order in a year or two its starting to show some age.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Malcolm
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I am happy to say we now a have HOT Breakfast. The hotel is looking at a renovation within the next 2 years which will be very exciting. I am glad you were able to enjoy your time here in Visalia and we appreciate you choosing us over the other hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Attractive hotel, nice room, upholstery, variety in breakfast, clean and neat room and toilet. Only con was the springy plush bed which moves when one of the partner toss and turn thereby disturbing the sleep.

Room Tip: we were on 1st floor room towards the back entrance and room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I usually check reviews in TA before booking any accommodation. But in this case, I did not have the benefit of reading any review since driving fatigue made me decide to stop somewhere along Highway 99 instead of going all the way to a lodge in Kings Canyon NP. I grabbed a magazine with hotel coupons and saw the attractive rate advertised by Fairfield Inn in Visalia.

When we got into Visalia, traffic lights were off. Not a good start. Upon reaching the front desk, we were informed of a general power failure in the area. Bad omen. Do we stay or move on to another town? We stayed and we did not regret the decision.

When we got to our room, it was very clean and smelled nice. The expected amenities were there: flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a/c. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Complimentary wifi access was likewise available. There were only three towels in the bathroom though and had to ask for an extra.

The front desk staff was nice to offer each of us a complimentary pack snack during the blackout. Power was eventually restored after 30 minutes. We strolled outside the property and saw a Denny's and Pizza Hut nearby, plus a Texaco gas station.

We availed of the complimentary breakfast and was generally satisfied. The lady taking care of the dining area was super friendly and we did not experience any food item running out. The indoor pool looked inviting but we were in a hurry to reach Kings Canyon NP before lunch.

During our overnight stay, I don't remember having trouble with noise coming from guests in other rooms. Parking was also not an issue.

I appreciated receiving an email from the manager of the property apologizing for the power failure and assuring us of their promise to make our stay satisfying. For the coupon rate we paid, it was a wise decision for us not to go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. We are happy to know that the power outage did not cause to much inconvenience and that your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Fairfield Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!