“Very clean, very pleasant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Visalia/Fresno KOA

Visalia/Fresno KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Visalia
Visalia/Fresno KOA
7480 Avenue 308, Visalia, CA   |
Fresno, California
“Very clean, very pleasant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very friendly helpful staff. They have a store with little essentials that you might need, or have forgotten. the staff made useful suggestions on great restaurants and sights.The place is very clean and very quiet. The only problem I had was that the wireless Internet they advertise is slower than dial up.

• Stayed May 2013

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

**** A solid 4 star rating. We called the Visalia KOA campground after closing hours on a Sunday evening. Staff returned our call within 10 minutes. Located conveniently off the freeway, we appreciated this after a long day on the road. Camp hosts waited until we arrived & checked us into a nice quiet space close to amenities. Lovely, well cared for roses and flowers surrounding the grounds & faciticies greeted us upon our arrival. The campground, bathrooms and showers are clean, well maintained. Would return to overnight as we travel to/from our destination. Only reason not a five star; RV pad was rough, and, for us this would not be a long term stay campground as it is too close to industrial & residential housing.

Room Tip: Request a site inside the campground (quieter) to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Waialua, Hawaii, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Started off loving it here! Owners live on site and are very friendly and helpful however, once the current camp host left the new one and his wife are awful! This KOA is very friendly for dogs and owners We have been here for a month now and everyone just loves our lab. I now have been harrassed by the camp host and his wife about my dog not being on a leash! I was stopped while riding my bike around the camp and my dog running beside me, then I was outside with my dog laying in the sun and his wife told me that my dog needs to be supervised at all times! Are you kidding me?!!! Hopefully camp host that rides around in the golf cart all day doesn't stay here too long!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The Visalia KOA is a great little campground. It's got amazing green space for tent sites; nice, clean bathhouses and a great pool. The staff is friendly and helpful and the location is pretty good. It was about an hour to Kings Canyon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

When my husband suggested staying at a cabin at this KOA as opposed to a hotel, I was not on board. But when we arrived, I was shocked to find how surprisingly cozy they were. We didn't bring our RV so we just rented a small little bungalow equipped with it's own bedroom, kitchenette, kids' room and bathroom. You would never know you were in the middle of a campground...it was more like a mini-apartment. The pool was clean as were the other facilities and when we were there, they were redoing the rec room which is geared towards families and children.

Apparently, they were recently bought by new owners so it looked like they were trying to make a bunch of improvements and were super friendly and accommodating to us (especially since I was about 7 months pregnant at the time). Now that I have my baby, I'd go back for sure. It was a perfect, affordable stop on our way from Southern to Northern California...a trip we make quite often. Not too far off the highway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HSV AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Park was a field next to an industrial park. The staff not very helpful. Amenities geared to the ease of the staff instead of to the guests. Laundry required a "pre-paid debit card with a deposit" only available from the office which had limited hours...if you come in late or leave early, you are out of luck.

The staff "claimed" not to know about an RV repair place between park and closest grocery store less than 2 miles away. Instead, they tried to steer us to a RV dealership for needed repairs. BTW, RV Express in Visalia was GREAT!!!!!

The only good thing to say about the KOA is that the only other "listed" RV park in town was a mobile home park with a few spaces for RVs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stay at a different KOA each year. This one was by far the worst. Open dumpsters, dusty roads, and clueless staff. Can't do anything about the location (it's surrouded by farm and industry--Nitrate warnings posted for the water) But the staff doesn't seem to have a clue about managing activities. It was sold out Fri and Sat for a charity weekend. At the pancake breakfast, TWO PEOPLE were serving, campers walking away in disgust. Ice cream social? Again 2 elderly people trying to scoop through rock solid tubs of ice cream. To top things off, staff parked their golf carts in the prime seating area of the musical performance, while their guests either had to stand or sit on fallen logs. I don't know what possessed them to do this: entitlement? arrogance? Dozens of folding chairs were never put out.

Our cabin was nice, new, with great AC.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Visalia/Fresno KOA? Share your experiences!