“PineApple fried rice just average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Irvine, California
“PineApple fried rice just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Overall disappointed with food and service. Untrained wait staff. Chicken was tough and dry. This used to be my favorite Thai food restaurant. Credit card machine down. Out of beef satay.

Visalia, California
“POOR FOOD TASTE AND LONG WAIT FOR FOOD....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I went to eat at Thai Basil for the first time. I was not impress by their food and service. I went there with my wife and the wait for the food took 25 minutes to be served to us. I got bored and hungry and drank all of my water. By the time the food got to our table, I didn't want to eat no more. The food taste was very poor. F+ for taste. The food didn't have any favor to it that makes it satisfying. I could only taste the spicy on the dish only. Table Mountain Casino Thai food taste better than this Thai Basil restaurant. Same dish mean comparing. The man waiter was running back in forth to this table. That was very annoying. I wouldn't not recommend this place to anyone. I spent $30 dollars on food that tasted like crap and I'll never go back there with my wife for a dinner night out. Best to spend your money on a Chinese buffet or American buffet... Even Carl's Jr. meal taste better. Again... F+ for this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always get the pad see eu whenever we have thai. The pad see eu at Thai Basil was good but certainly not the best I've had. However, the place was packed within 15 minutes of them opening at 5 pm, so I'm thinking they have some EXCELLENT dishes that we just didn't order. I'd definitely eat there again if I was in Visalia, but I'd probably ask people at other tables for dish recommendations. By the way, the restaurant is a bit hard to find. It's small and way off the street (which isn't labeled at every intersection) in a parking lot sea of many shops both large and small, so don't give up if you're determined to get there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Darmstadt, Germany
“Didn't get any fool”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived at 7:20, ordered soup as starter and main courses at 7:30. The table next to us, that ordered the same time, got their food within less than 10 minutes. We asked whether the soup is going to be served soon. Were assured it would arrive very soon. Eventually, the people at the table next to us were finished and payed their check. Watcing several people at other tables arriving and ordering and getting their food, we complained again at 8, telling we are very hungry and waiting since half an hour for a simple soup. Again, we were told soup is on the way. Continued watching that everyone else got food, just not us, we told the service we're going to leave at 8:15. They didn't even try to give the feeling they care about it.
Many reviews tell the food should be great, and what we saw looked good, we would just have enjoyed to have a look at our food, not just at the other tables.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Ate here two days in a row because it was so awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here with co-workers. We sampled each other's dishes. Everything was fabulous. Service was timely. Very clean! Have never had Pad Thai that tasted so good. Fresh noodles, jumbo fresh shrimp, plump mussels, etc. Must stop here!

• Visited August 2013