“Beautiful Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been to this venue twice now, first for a symphony, and the second for a rock concert, and I have enjoyed it both times. It is a gorgeous, historical theatre, and sticking with the Fox tradition, it has an East Indian theme that transports you to another era when you enter. The twinkling stars above your head help to add the perfect touch.

The symphony I attended was everything that I thought it would be: breathtakingly beautiful. The rock concert I attended was actually better than I thought it would be! I loved that between the bands, different Visalia organizations were given the spotlight whether it was with a video shown to the crowd, or a representative speaking to the crowd. While it was warm in the theater during the concert, I can't say that I've ever been to a rock concert that wasn't warm! My seats for the concert were on the main floor, about 14 rows back, and they were absolutely perfect. I could see the bands perfectly, but wasn't too close as to get my ear drums blown away by the speakers. (We were warned when purchasing our tickets not to get too close to the sides of the stage, as the speakers were very loud- again, I'm pretty sure it's like this at every rock concert.) The staff at the Fox did an impeccable job of getting people in, keeping them safe and under control during the event, and getting people out. The security guards checked tickets of people who were trying to sneak to the front, which I respected.

All in all, it's a great venue, and I'm excited to attend another event there as soon as I can.

Visited July 2014

central valley, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Summerland 2014 w/ Everclear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I Paid $55.00 per ticket to see this concert in the Visalia Fox Theater, which was a terrible experience at best. I have been to many concerts in the past, but this was the worst one I have ever seen, though no fault of the bands in the concert. The air conditioning was not efficient to cover all the people in the theater and it was so hot inside I felt sick to my stomach and almost fainted. The sound system was so loud all the band's music, except for the first one playing, was so distorted you could not even hear the backup members singing and had feedback from the guitars, which was louder than the music. This was not the fault of the bands, but the theater's sound system, which was not good at all. Beer was sold inside and people were allowed to bring the beer back to their seats so many drunk people took away from the enjoyment of the concert. Beer was spilled all over the floors which made for nasty walking. The Hanford Fox Theater only serves beer upstairs and no alcohol is allowed on the main floor, which is an excellent idea for all concerned and eliminates the beer problem of being spilled on the floors in the main theater. Maybe Visalia Fox Theater should take note of the better idea of not allowing alcohol on the main floor like the Hanford Fox Theater follows so people who do not drink beer and get drunk at concerts can enjoy the concert also!

Visited July 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Fun at the Fox”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We attend the local symphony which performs at the Fox Theatre and it is an older restored movie theatre and very pleasant. They are making efforts to broaden the variety of performers coming to our area and I believe this is a really good thing. They are also bringing some independent films to the valley filling the gap left when the local movie dropped the program. It is a nice theatre and if the performer they have scheduled is someone you like or you want to try something new it is a pleasant venue.

Visited March 2014
“Historic Fox Theater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This wonderful old theater has been beautifully restored over the past few years, and the sound system completely redone. It is both intimate and elegant, comfortable enough for a family outing or a dressed-up date. We last visited for a concert, and were close enough to make eye contact with the band. The only challenge is parking...The Fox is downtown, so be prepared to walk a couple of blocks (parking is free, however).

Visited August 2013
California
11 attraction reviews
“Limited seating space”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very crowded, limited leg room, people kept getting up throughout performances to get drinks and use the restroom and had to climb over you a lot.

Visited February 2013