“Cannot go Wrong with This Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Phoenix, AZ
“Cannot go Wrong with This Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Picked this hotel as i was driving to Oregon. Amanda at the front desk was so friendly. She checked me in about 5 minutes. As I was Hilton Honors she upgraded my room. After I got to my room, the phone rang and it was Amanda making sure everything was Ok in my room. Bed was as good as any 5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I always enjoy a Hampton Inn and this one did not disappoint me; everything from their bedding and amenities to breakfast. The latter offered eggs, bacon, biscuits, cereal, Danish, beverages and a fresh variety of fruit (which was lacking at other hotels). The eating area is spacious and has lots of natural daylight with a big screen TV. If you can’t make breakfast, they have a goodie bag at the front desk during checkout. I always thought that was considerate and it was at the last Hampton I stayed at. The rooms are clean and have a refrigerator! I will say that since we had two queens there was no little sitting area but did have a desk. I usually get a king and it has a nice sitting area.

Sure, there are nicer hotels but a Hampton always has the value. This hotel had an excellent location for my mom and I to head to National Sequoia Park and Kings Canyon – just make a right out of the hotel parking lot and drive. You can easily get back on the HWY just a bit down the road.

• Stayed June 2009
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The Hampton Inn is located along the 198 freeway, just west of downtown Visalia. It's along the frontage road and is easy-off, easy-on relative to the freeway. Our room was facing the freeway, but it was still very quiet -- partly because the hotel is set back a little, and partly because it isn't the 5 in L.A. -- the 198 just a fairly lightly-traveled highway. I imagine if you request a room in the back it would be dead-quiet at night.

The check-in was very quick and friendly and there were some good complimentary cookies at the desk. The breakfast area is large but didn't have the greatest selection. The pool area is nice and well-kept.

This Hampton has the cool new key-cards that you just wave in front of the lock to unlock the room door (instead of inserting it in a slot). The rooms are spotlessly clean, large and comfortable, with the usual excellent bed and bedding, bath amenities, etc that you expect at a Hampton. The room included a fridge and microwave, and a quiet and efficient A/C unit with a wall-mounted thermostat. There was wired internet, with a cable included in the room. It worked well and was fast -- no need to worry about dead spots with the wired connection. There was a good-sized flat-screen TV with lots of channels.

Visalia is a nice small city (maybe 100,000 population?) with all the services but not all the traffic. As far as food, there is a nice downtown dining district about 5 minutes away with lots of free parking and a variety of choices including traditional and quirky restaurants. We ate at Fugazzi's, which had good Italian food and judging by the crowd seemed to appeal to young and old alike.

Overall an excellent stay on our way to Sequoia.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

This hotel is newer, so it has nicer amenities than other Hampton Inns. Nice design, fresh upkeep, very comfortable rooms with great beds, large flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, in-room coffee as well as 24-7 free coffee in the lobby, large bathroom with huge glassed-in shower. No more dark bathtubs. It is surrounded by some lower-end hotels like Super 8 so I was afraid I'd put myself in an old part of town with some old property that Hilton decided to buy and miserably attempt to improve on. I've been in that situation before, and felt a twinge of regret. But super nice place, my fears were soon put to rest after entering the property.

Staff was friendly and had it together.

I was a little surprised at the sub-par breakfast, however. Pretty unappetizing and under--stocked. Some powdered salty watery eggs and one corn tortilla. Yes, one lone tortilla under the lid of the hotburner, petrified by time and heat. That was it for the hot items. Biscuits, danishes, fruit, yogurt, the usual otherwise. But having been to other places with meats, waffles, etc, I was underwhelmed. Not a deal-breaker, but because everything else is first-rate, the breakfast is a little bit of a letdown after high expectations. Not like anyone stays at these places as destination dining, but it is nice to be pleasantly surprised when you encounter a breakfast that is pleasantly edible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Visalia for one night in late December, as a stopover for a trip to Sequoia Nat'l Park. The hotel just opened a month or so earlier. This is a slightly nicer hotel than other Hampton Inn's. They gave me a nice quiet and clean room with a comfortable bed and large bathroom, and the staff was most eager to please--that was especially true of the night security and customer service staffer (Ron?). I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
La Palma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

Okay, so I came into town for an engagement party. My family member suggested the Hampton Inn, but I didn't see it listed it on
tripadvisor. She told me it just opened and I could probably get a
good deal. I went to the brand website and booked my room with ease.

When I arrived I saw the 'now open' sign and it looked very well kept and new. The room was great, it had a good color scheme and the bed felt very comfortable like mine at home. I didn't use the microwave and refridgerator, but I guess it's nice to know it was available. The staff was friendly and cordial and they printed me directions to where I had to go. Some of my other friends in town spent about 25 dollar more for a room than I did because they didn't know this hotel was here. Overall a very good stay and I recommend staying here.

Been to Hampton Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!