“Nice clean basic hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Sterling, Virginia
“Nice clean basic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Good hotel convenient to the freeway, clean and modern. Reasonable rates, short drive from many downtown restaurants. Easy drive to Sequoia National Park, and a nicer place than the motels in Three Rivers.

Room Tip: Next time I'd ask for a room on the side away from the highway. This room was quiet, though, so...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Diego, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked this hotel based on the nicer pool/jacuzzi area of a hotel $40 less in the immediate area, then after check in I saw a closed sign on the door, when I called to inquire I was told it was going through a "process" because it was "kinda green" but yet when I bluntly stated that they had failed to maintain the pool/jacuzzi during peak travel time in a dessert climate city I was told that it was fine the day before, after looking at the water there is no way I can believe it went green over night, makes me doubt how they handle other types of maintenance and cleaning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Visalia559, General Manager at Hampton Inn Visalia, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
First and foremost, I would like to personally apologize for the condition of our pool during your last stay. Our pool service vendor ensures that our pool is sparkling clean and safe for our guests. Unfortunately, we had difficulties with our pool equipment that our pool service vendor quickly remedied. It is unfortunately that this incident affected your stay. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. We would love to have you has our guest in the future!

Nicole Howard
Hampton Inn Visalia
p: 559.732.3900
e: visca_hampton@hilton.com
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend with the family (4 in total, 2 kids). Nice rooms, very clean and had everything we needed. Great breakfast for a free breakfast, my kids loved it :). Sequoia is just around the corner and so are a bunch of restaurants and a stores. Internet is free by the way and works well. Comes recommended for sure, and this hotel convinced me I need to switch back to the Hilton chain.

Thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were in Visalia for a baseball game. After staying at so-so properties from other chains on our road trip, it was nice to get back to quality. The pool is very nice, and the breakfast was very good. The room was also furnished well. Thank you, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I did not have high expectations for a one night stay in Visalia. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the service. The hotel was clean, the rooms were sharp and well designed. We did not have towels on ar rival for some reason, but they had them up in minutes. I would describe the hotel as business class and the interior is vert contemporary. There is a pool and jacuzzi outside and an excersize room. Parking was easy for us as we found a place right outside the enterance. We asked for a room on the opposite of the hotel from the highway to avoid any noise, and we got one.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the highway. I believe it was four floors. so state your preferenc...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
san leandro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

if you are traveling to Sequoia Natl park and need a great hotel to stay during your trip, consider Hampton in Visalia. All your amenities will be met and exceed your expectations. Loved the pool, gym, complimentary breakfast. Rooms were clean, updated, cozy and internet available. thank you Hampton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Enjoyed staying here for our recent trip to Sequoia. Great facility, great service, and great value. I recommend taking the shuttle to the park so you can enjoy the sights and avoid traffic and parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!