“Great service with Hilton amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Oakdale, California
“Great service with Hilton amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in Selma for a family funeral service and stayed at the Visalia Hampton Inn. The individual at the front desk greeted us warmly in spite of our late arrival. She placed us in our preferred room location and gave us a few amenities to welcome us as Hilton Honors members. I was pleasantly surprised by the similarity to other Hilton hotels such as Homewoods suites. The breakfast area and food were similar as good in quality. Overall, this is a great Hilton property in this rural area south of Fresno.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the ice machine and elevator are always quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an average Hampton Inn, convenient location, straightforward breakfast and good internet. We did have some issues with the gym, only a third of the equipment actually worked. There was also some issue with the HVAC units, couldn't easily regulate them but eventually resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway, the design of the highway creates lots of road noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Placerville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Road Warrior story.
I do this for a living.
Hamptons are my favorite. Like McDonalds, you know exactly what you are going to get, and I wasnt disappointed.

Nice modern facility. Everything was as I expected. Price was higher than I felt was justified considering the location. I checking around, I found it to be about 10% higher than others.
I paid it anyway. I like Hamptons, what can I say.

The room was comfortable. Wi-Fi was a bit weak and slow. I wish they would put more than one regular coffe filter in the rooms. I had a choice of one cup of regular and one cup of Decaf. I think it would be better if they put that extra regular coffee out . ( whine)

Overall, it was a comfortable stay. One night and then on up the Valley.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was here for a business trip. The room was layed out very well. Was comfortable, except I didn't like the pillows, they were a bit lumpy. Loved having a wet bar with microwave and refrigerator. TV had great selection of channels (one of my pet peeves). Windows that open, also a requirement of mine. Everything was well taken care of, even when I asked for lots of extra hangers or extra shampoo. This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn. I only wish you could get room service here. Even is a small menu. But I knew they didn't have that when I booked it, so not their fault. The gym did have broken cardio machines, which was a problem. If I were in Visalia again I would consider staying here, but I may want to check out some other options first.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the freeway side. My room was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bordeaux, Frankrijk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

when you traveling to king's canyon or sequia nat. park is this hotel the best place to stay and also reasonable price, good service and clean rooms with fridge , microwave and coffeemaker also the complimantary continal breakfast was good

Room Tip: thake a higher floor less noisy and take a room away from elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked the Hampton Inn for a last-minute stay in Visalia, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The fundamentals were all there: professional and friendly service at check-in, clean and orderly room with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, and substantial complimentary continental breakfast the next day. The fun surprises: black-and-white regional photographs with quirky sayings in elevator, more photos to accompany the room number signage, and complimentary chocolate chip cookies! It was less than $100 for a king-size bed and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Room 305 faced a parking lot. Not a big deal to us, however.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent customer service exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and quiet. They have a small gym of about 4 machines, some free weights and a bench. There were two treadmill machines, but both of them were broken so all they had left was a stepper and bike. They have a pool and spa outside, but it was too cold to use it.

Room Tip: No noticeable difference between rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!