“A nice clean, modern Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Placerville, California
“A nice clean, modern Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Road Warrior story.
I do this for a living.
Hamptons are my favorite. Like McDonalds, you know exactly what you are going to get, and I wasnt disappointed.

Nice modern facility. Everything was as I expected. Price was higher than I felt was justified considering the location. I checking around, I found it to be about 10% higher than others.
I paid it anyway. I like Hamptons, what can I say.

The room was comfortable. Wi-Fi was a bit weak and slow. I wish they would put more than one regular coffe filter in the rooms. I had a choice of one cup of regular and one cup of Decaf. I think it would be better if they put that extra regular coffee out . ( whine)

Overall, it was a comfortable stay. One night and then on up the Valley.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was here for a business trip. The room was layed out very well. Was comfortable, except I didn't like the pillows, they were a bit lumpy. Loved having a wet bar with microwave and refrigerator. TV had great selection of channels (one of my pet peeves). Windows that open, also a requirement of mine. Everything was well taken care of, even when I asked for lots of extra hangers or extra shampoo. This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn. I only wish you could get room service here. Even is a small menu. But I knew they didn't have that when I booked it, so not their fault. The gym did have broken cardio machines, which was a problem. If I were in Visalia again I would consider staying here, but I may want to check out some other options first.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the freeway side. My room was nice and quiet.
Bordeaux, Frankrijk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

when you traveling to king's canyon or sequia nat. park is this hotel the best place to stay and also reasonable price, good service and clean rooms with fridge , microwave and coffeemaker also the complimantary continal breakfast was good

Room Tip: thake a higher floor less noisy and take a room away from elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked the Hampton Inn for a last-minute stay in Visalia, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The fundamentals were all there: professional and friendly service at check-in, clean and orderly room with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, and substantial complimentary continental breakfast the next day. The fun surprises: black-and-white regional photographs with quirky sayings in elevator, more photos to accompany the room number signage, and complimentary chocolate chip cookies! It was less than $100 for a king-size bed and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Room 305 faced a parking lot. Not a big deal to us, however.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent customer service exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and quiet. They have a small gym of about 4 machines, some free weights and a bench. There were two treadmill machines, but both of them were broken so all they had left was a stepper and bike. They have a pool and spa outside, but it was too cold to use it.

Room Tip: No noticeable difference between rooms.
Nampa, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Hotel really know how to set up a meeting. Everything was as requested. The room was nice and clean. The only reason they didn't get a five was because their walls are thin, I could hear everything, showers, people above me, and people next door to me. The garbage truck in the early morning hours. If you can sleep with plugs the noise would be moot. I will definitely stay again.

Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was staying at a different hotel first, but because of a few issues we had with that hotel, we decided to switch to this one.

We were so glad we did.

The price difference is small.. maybe $10 difference. But it's worth it. The place is super clean, well maintained, and I love the small little things that come with this place: Coffee/tea/hot chocolate available all day. Lemonade available with cookies too during the day.

The breakfast is great--waffle, danish/sweet bakery items, bread stuff, cheese omlette, bacon, biscuits, oatmeals, cereal, yogurt, fruits ... all the standard stuff.

My devices were able to connect to the wifi with no issues.

One small issue I just had in this last stay (had 2 stays so far) -- the bathtub didn't drain quite well.

One other con: this hotel locates on a one-way street, so it's just a little bit inconvenient sometimes cuz ya gotta get around the block. But it didn't bother us much at all.

Our room was clean and spacious (we had a King room with a sofabed). Even though it's next to the freeway, it's pretty darn quiet inside the room We really enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!