“Puts other B&B's to shame” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Spalding House Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Visalia
The Spalding House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Save Saved
You added The Spalding House Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
631 N. Encina St., Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Visalia B&B and Inns
Cardiff by the Sea, California
“Puts other B&B's to shame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This beautiful old home is well-kept and friendly. Peggy cooked a 3-course breakfast that puts other B&B's to shame! Easy walk to main street's shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Worth getting off hwy 99 for.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
northumberland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here for only one night and we wished it could have been more. Peggy must be the kindest host we have ever stayed with. Her kind and gentle manner made us feel so very much at home. We had a wonderful suite on the first floor. A really comfortable bed and a lovely sitting room. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had, so tasty.
The house itself is a wonder in itself. Great style and even greater furnishings. Well worth the stay for these alone.
During our brief stay my wife was unwell. Peggy was really good at sorting out a drop in doctors clinic for us to visit. All part of the excellent service she provides.
Thank you for this stay with you Peggy. It was a real treat and we hope to return one day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

It is not easy to find an inn/hotel with British style in US, but we found it, the house is cozy with comfort.

We stayed in the Spalding suite, which is so spacious and well decorated, and the host, Peggy, was so nice to us, sumptuous breakfasts are served in the morning, will come back for sure!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

When I travel, I prefer B&Bs. The hospitality at the Spalding House is why I prefer B&Bs.

Peggy, my hostess, welcomed me to her home, the lovely Spalding House. She and her husband are only the third owners. They have treated this home with loving care. The original woodwork in the house is amazing. Filled with period antique furniture, somehow this B&B still feels like a home rather than a museum.

Peggy and her adorable grandson showed me to my suite, the Spalding Suite. I instantly felt relaxed. There is a sitting room off of the suite that was meant just for me. My evening was spent relaxing there, reading, and enjoying taking a break from my daytime travels.

Promptly at 8:30 a.m., just when I asked for it, Peggy knocked on my door and handed me freshly brewed coffee. At 9 a.m., she had my breakfast set up in the gorgeous dining room. There was plenty to eat and it was tasty, too.

I come through Visalia at least annually. When I do, I'll be staying here.

Thank you, Peggy, for making me feel so at home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Newnan, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I can't say enough good things about Spalding House. It is beautiful, tastefully restored and kept, and Peggy made us feel as though we had come back home. Her breakfasts were elegant and delicious. We wished we could stay forever.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I love the Spaulding House! It's huge and beautiful, but the innkeepers and cleaning woman are all very down-to-earth and nice.

My room was comfortable with fresh smelling linens, an attached private bathroom (I was told they all have private bathrooms) and a little sitting area.

For breakfast they made granola/yogurt parfaits, ham and eggs and toast and juice and coffee. It was so relaxing to sit on the huge, wrap-around porch in the porch swing and just read and listen to the nearby church bells chime.

Charming, comfortable and clean! :) You can also walk 3 blocks into downtown where there were a bunch of really good bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wallasey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband, father and I stayed two nights at Spalding House and we couldn't fault it. It was a marvellous experience. Peggy our hostess was really hospitable and made our stay very enjoyable.
Visalia was a good place to stop on route to see the General Sherman tree. To us (coming from England) it has the feel of small town America and we spent an enjoyable afternoon browsing the shops on Main Street. There are good restaurants, within walking distance of Spalding House, notably the Vintage Press which as it turned out proved to be our best meal in America and Tazzaria which was great for lunch.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to The Spalding House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!