“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
chicago
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here based on other reviews and they were not incorrect. The Lamp Liter room was large, clean, comfortable and even had a few extras. kudos on the hot cocoa in addition to the tea and coffee provided in the room and I was thankful that a shower cap was provided. The rates were good and even though I did not try the restaurant it seemed to be doing a good bit of business from locals on the next morning when I checked out. Staff were pleasant and check-in and out were a breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The lampliter Inn is a large property that I recently stayed in. It was built as a two story motel some years ago. ( maybe the 50s) The gardens are well maintained and really beautiful. There is a very large pool not usually seen in motel settings. There is a nice coffee shop on site. The room was clean and looked to have recently been painted, the furniture and carpet were dated but adequate. I found the bed comfortable. The heating or cooling system I did not understand there is a dial on the wall for high med and low but no temp dial. I did not know if I turned it on if I would get heat or cool. As it was the days were mild and I did not use. I was close to the office (202) so the road noise from the freeway was pretty loud. I would recommend asking for a room more to the back if this is an issue for you. The staff was business like but I would not say friendly. The cafe staff however was very friendly, the food was good mostly home made average prices, casual atmosphere.

Room Tip: Suggest downstairs room more to the back of property if freeway noise will bother you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Somerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we drove up to this hotel I was immediately happy. It is beautiful with excellent clean large rooms, a gorgeous pool and fantastic service. I stayed with my husband and two teenagers for one night en route from LA to Sequoia and Kings Cannon. We booked two rooms as the rates were so great, we were given adjoining ones which was fantastic. I wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was here in 2011 for 3 nights.
Excellent!

very nice garden! no noise outside..

(was here in januari 2011) sure will go there again if i go back!

No Complaint about anything!

I will take this hotel again if i ever return.

Room Tip: A little bit hard to find :) our tom tom often says destination reached ... But we were on the secon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
North Bend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I needed a place for an extended stay. The Manager, Housekeeping and resturant went the extra mile to make sure I was happy and comfortable. The Hotel has beautiful gardens with an amazing pool. The rooms are extremely clean, comfortable and on the larger size. They have a restaurant on site that also provides room service, what a treat as the food is yummy. Great price , great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting family and we decided to stay here after some research on tripadvisor. We got an amazing price on orbitz. When I checked in they couldn't find our reservation but Nick quickly got us checked and told us he would take care of it. He even upgraded us to a garden view room for free. We stayed several times after that. Each stay enjoyable. Nice view. Clean basic rooms.. Efficient service and great for budget travelers!

• Stayed December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed here before and i enjoy it. It's old fashion and clean. The grounds are always well kept. It's also very affordable.
The wedding was also very nice here. They make the inside look very pretty up to date because the hotel is old but the wedding didn't feel that way.I would recommend it. Can't go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!