“Pleasant but rather tired” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Save Saved
You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Visalia
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but rather tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night and as some other reviewers have said, the furnishings are rather tired. But everything was clean, the bed was large and comfortable, and what the room lacked in style was more than made up for by the pretty gardens and pool area, unusual in a roadside motel. It really made all the difference to our stay. The on-site diner is worth a visit for the friendly staff alone. All in all good value for money, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jan l, Manager at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We appreciate your review and want to let you know that we are in the process of completing a "soft" renovation of our rooms i.e.; new paint,new fixtures,new bedding. Here at the Lamp Liter we do not consider our property to be a "roadside motel" as we do have a full service Grill and Bar on premises, we have room service available, and the largest garden setting pool in our tri-county area. Furthermore the Lamp Liter has a large banquet facility that hosts many social events throughout the year. We take great pride in our lovely gardens and are pleased that you enjoyed them.

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Kirkland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and room seemed clean. The staff was very friendly.
However, the room smelled awful. It smelled of urine. It affected my overall stay there. I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jan l, Owner at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I am deeply sorry to hear of your situation. Your review does not state weather you advised managment of your concerns. Had you made us aware, we would have gladly moved you to a room that would have met your needs. Please know that tthe Lamp Liter is very pro-active in making sure all rooms are clean to perfection. I would appreciate your letting me know if you did make Managment aware of your unhappiness. You may contact me at JLEE@LAMPLITER.NET
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was in Visalia on business & selected this property based primarily on price & location. It turned out to be much more. The room was basic, but clean and comfortable. But the real attraction is the grounds. At the center of the property is an open & inviting, crystal clear pool. It is surrounded by beautiful, garden - like grounds, very cool and attractive. There is an excellent coffee shop on site, and a bar, both with extended hours. Staff is friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed July 2013
CERES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful grounds, great pool! I got to enjoy it this time. Relaxing rooms. The restaurant has great menu and friendly staff. My brother-in-law always uses room service from there and said it is excellant! Can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: We like to stay near the garden; It has nice fountain and is still close to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Visalia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love Lamp Liter Inn. I have stayed here 3 times this year alone. My first time I had stayed in an upstairs king room overlooking the beautiful gardens. It was in February but the landscape was still wonderful and beautiful. There was no noise from the street or parking area(this is my biggest concern, since I need total silence to sleep.) I work nights so I was also able to check in early I found this to be nice the heater worked great and since I was upstairs I had a ceiling fan so this also helped to circulate the heat. the shower and bathroom were nice and the shower got nice and hot very quickly. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It is a nice quaint hotel perfect for families and they also have a huge pool. I was not able to make use of the pool since it is not heated and I was here in February.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room so no one is walking on top you of you. Also Ask for a garden room. these a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Carlsbad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had stayed there before and loved it. It is older but well kept and the staff is excellent. The rooms are really nice and they offer a cushioned bench outside the door to sit outside if you want. A big pool and restaurant on premises was great. The only draw back was the air conditioner was a little noisy but that won't stop me from booking again because the place, the grounds are lovely and very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have just returned from Sequoia NP and I stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn in Visalia for 2 nights. It is an old, but VERY clean inn with beautiful garden grounds. I took my 92 year old Mom and the handicap rooms were GREAT. Also Justin at the front desk was SO helpful and nice. I would stay there again---with out a doubt !! The restaurant was delicious and a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!