“Love It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Save Saved
You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Visalia
CERES
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful grounds, great pool! I got to enjoy it this time. Relaxing rooms. The restaurant has great menu and friendly staff. My brother-in-law always uses room service from there and said it is excellant! Can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: We like to stay near the garden; It has nice fountain and is still close to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Visalia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love Lamp Liter Inn. I have stayed here 3 times this year alone. My first time I had stayed in an upstairs king room overlooking the beautiful gardens. It was in February but the landscape was still wonderful and beautiful. There was no noise from the street or parking area(this is my biggest concern, since I need total silence to sleep.) I work nights so I was also able to check in early I found this to be nice the heater worked great and since I was upstairs I had a ceiling fan so this also helped to circulate the heat. the shower and bathroom were nice and the shower got nice and hot very quickly. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It is a nice quaint hotel perfect for families and they also have a huge pool. I was not able to make use of the pool since it is not heated and I was here in February.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room so no one is walking on top you of you. Also Ask for a garden room. these a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Carlsbad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had stayed there before and loved it. It is older but well kept and the staff is excellent. The rooms are really nice and they offer a cushioned bench outside the door to sit outside if you want. A big pool and restaurant on premises was great. The only draw back was the air conditioner was a little noisy but that won't stop me from booking again because the place, the grounds are lovely and very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have just returned from Sequoia NP and I stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn in Visalia for 2 nights. It is an old, but VERY clean inn with beautiful garden grounds. I took my 92 year old Mom and the handicap rooms were GREAT. Also Justin at the front desk was SO helpful and nice. I would stay there again---with out a doubt !! The restaurant was delicious and a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

First, we got in late (9pm) and our room was not prepared - both beds not made-gave us another room. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom just a window at ground level, the shower head was extremely low and they caulked over old mildew on the tub. Clearly a case of you get what you pay for, but went off previous reviews. Nice small diner on the grounds for quick meals (good breakfast). Hotel seemed quiet but we checked in late Wednesday and checked out early Friday spent our time at Sequoia & Kings Canyon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gnetta, Manager at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am sorry you wern't happy. We strive to make our rooms very comfortable and are in the process of doing a "soft" renovation i.e., new paint,fixtures and more upscale bedding. The Inn is independently owned and we are a older property I hope you enjoyed our beautiful gardens and wonderful swimming pool.
Bathgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 1 night at this hotel, and found it to be of great value.
Yes, it is an old motel type building, but, the rooms are a reasonable size, with 2 queen beds. The grounds are lovely, and very we'll maintained.
The rooms could do with a makeover, as they are a bit on the dark side, and a fridge would be good.
The staff were great, even, opening my bottle of wine, and supplying wine glasses!
Well worth considering

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I would guess this place was built in the 60's. But when you see the grounds it really makes you want to give it a chance. We have spent several nights at the Super 8 in town and it is nothing special. $77 (with tax) and it goes up on the weekend! The service at the Lamp Lighter is amazing! The front desk, maids, all personnel..very helpful and courteous. The room isn't overly wonderful but its better than some. I also like that the bathroom doesn't open right into the bedroom (its kindof around a corner) so there's more privacy. There is central air so no window unit. Very spacious room. Extra bedding. No breakfast tho. $75 (with tax) and it doesn't go up on the wknd. All things considered this will DEFINATELY be the place we stay when in Visalia.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!