“Excellent , Economical Location/ Delightful Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Three Rivers, California
“Excellent , Economical Location/ Delightful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at the LampLiter Inn several times a month for over two years due to business in downtown Visalia.The accomodations are good for the price and the staff is delightful. The location is ideal for business travelers and tourists as it is right off the Freeway. It is quiet, has lovely gardens , pool ,and has an adjacent restaurant that serves excellent , economical food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

One night here on a circular motorcycling tour was just what we needed. Good sized rooms, quiet, despit its proximity to the main road and a wondeful swimming pool at which to relax at the end of a hard day in the saddle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Lamp Liter while traveling on business. I found that the value was unbeatable; other hotels in the area were upwards of $100 with no real discernable amenities or attractions. At around $70 with beautiful grounds and a huge HUGE pool, I was sold.

While this IS a holder hotel, I found that the rooms were clean and well kept. The employees were extremely friendly and did everything in their power to accommodate my needs as well as answer my questions on local dining.

Should I return to the area, I will definitely be back! Thanks Lamp Liter

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

On July 7, we stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn, for our Wedding Night. We had strawberries and champagne from room service, excellent! These stayed in one of the cottages, which was very cute, spacious, and best of all, clean!! We would definitely stay again! Thank you, Lamp Liter for making our day even more special!

• Stayed July 2012
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here. The grounds are lovely with a great pool area to boot. The on site restaurant had a great menu with wonderful food. Staff was polite and accommodating. I will certainly book another stay here.

Room Tip: Request a garden view, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Strathmore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

For the price of the room and the food this was a great choice for a place to stay while passing threw Visalia. The Grille had a large selection of food to choose from which I picked the San Francisco Burger with Avacado and Bacon it was very good and the waitress was very nice as she took my order. The second night I stayed in the bar mostly and had their hotwings which were freakin HOT. The bartender was cool to chat with. The pool was were I spent most of my time and it was really nice to have a huge pool instead of the small ones you find in most hotels. The internet was useful for looking at my emails in the lobby as I had left my laptop at home. My room looked over the pool so I saw everthing from a birds view. The morning I was greeted by a very polite maid who asked if everthing was okay, she gave me some extra coffee and another shampoo which I wished they sold at stores cuz it smelled very good. I had a fun time on this trip. I will come back when traveling this way again.

Room Tip: King Beds in the Garden Great View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We slept in this hotel on 20th september. I woke up with the feeling something is walking on my hand. I slapped it, switched on the light and saw a bedbuck! In the bathroom I found more of them. I caught one and called the reception to come to my room and see it. It was 2:30 a.m. The lady on the phone called me back and told she is alone and can´t come. She made an offer to move into another room. I refused, because the bedbucks can be anywhere in the hotel and I could not imagine to sleep here. She told us to bring the bedbuck into the reception, which we did, but she did not like to let us inside and talked to us through the window. From this distance she told us it is not a bedbuck. Sorry, but how someone can recognize from this distance, if it is a bedbuck or not? She was very impolite. She did not like to give us the name of the hotel manager. I also ask her name. She refused to do it. At the end she told her name is Jude, but did not like to give us her second name. She told us to wait until morning 7 a.m. What should we do middle at night in the bedbucks hotel? The lady let us stay outside the reception with the bedbuck in the glas and went back to her office. It was very ignorant, impolite and rude! We are going to pack our baggages and leave as soon as it is not dark.

Stay away from this hotel!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jan l, Front Office Manager at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Our staff has been trained to recognize bedbugs (or “bedbucks”) and the guest’s pictures affirm our night auditor’s observation that there were NO bedbugs from their guest room. The extreme close up picture depicts an insect adjacent to the entrance door which opens to our extensive gardens and/or parking areas. It is likely the insect came from our gardens during the guest’s short stay with us. It is our practice to have our professional pest control service immediately inspect the guest room after a complaint. The service found no bedbugs or any other pest infestation in the room. The guest remained inconsolable despite being offered an upgraded room. The guest was given a full refund.

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!