“A perfect night, at the end of a perfect day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Save Saved
You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
“A perfect night, at the end of a perfect day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

On July 7, we stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn, for our Wedding Night. We had strawberries and champagne from room service, excellent! These stayed in one of the cottages, which was very cute, spacious, and best of all, clean!! We would definitely stay again! Thank you, Lamp Liter for making our day even more special!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here. The grounds are lovely with a great pool area to boot. The on site restaurant had a great menu with wonderful food. Staff was polite and accommodating. I will certainly book another stay here.

Room Tip: Request a garden view, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Strathmore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

For the price of the room and the food this was a great choice for a place to stay while passing threw Visalia. The Grille had a large selection of food to choose from which I picked the San Francisco Burger with Avacado and Bacon it was very good and the waitress was very nice as she took my order. The second night I stayed in the bar mostly and had their hotwings which were freakin HOT. The bartender was cool to chat with. The pool was were I spent most of my time and it was really nice to have a huge pool instead of the small ones you find in most hotels. The internet was useful for looking at my emails in the lobby as I had left my laptop at home. My room looked over the pool so I saw everthing from a birds view. The morning I was greeted by a very polite maid who asked if everthing was okay, she gave me some extra coffee and another shampoo which I wished they sold at stores cuz it smelled very good. I had a fun time on this trip. I will come back when traveling this way again.

Room Tip: King Beds in the Garden Great View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We slept in this hotel on 20th september. I woke up with the feeling something is walking on my hand. I slapped it, switched on the light and saw a bedbuck! In the bathroom I found more of them. I caught one and called the reception to come to my room and see it. It was 2:30 a.m. The lady on the phone called me back and told she is alone and can´t come. She made an offer to move into another room. I refused, because the bedbucks can be anywhere in the hotel and I could not imagine to sleep here. She told us to bring the bedbuck into the reception, which we did, but she did not like to let us inside and talked to us through the window. From this distance she told us it is not a bedbuck. Sorry, but how someone can recognize from this distance, if it is a bedbuck or not? She was very impolite. She did not like to give us the name of the hotel manager. I also ask her name. She refused to do it. At the end she told her name is Jude, but did not like to give us her second name. She told us to wait until morning 7 a.m. What should we do middle at night in the bedbucks hotel? The lady let us stay outside the reception with the bedbuck in the glas and went back to her office. It was very ignorant, impolite and rude! We are going to pack our baggages and leave as soon as it is not dark.

Stay away from this hotel!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jan l, Front Office Manager at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Our staff has been trained to recognize bedbugs (or “bedbucks”) and the guest’s pictures affirm our night auditor’s observation that there were NO bedbugs from their guest room. The extreme close up picture depicts an insect adjacent to the entrance door which opens to our extensive gardens and/or parking areas. It is likely the insect came from our gardens during the guest’s short stay with us. It is our practice to have our professional pest control service immediately inspect the guest room after a complaint. The service found no bedbugs or any other pest infestation in the room. The guest remained inconsolable despite being offered an upgraded room. The guest was given a full refund.
Ellijay, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor's recommendations and was not disappointed. Rooms clean and updated. Restaurant on the property but we did not try it. Main Street Visalia is a short ride away and has a number of places open with great small town down town environment.

Overall a great stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The helpful desk clerk suggested that we upgrade to the 'Garden' rooms for an additional $10...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

With about 3 days planning we spent our Labor Day weekend visiting Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks. We used TripAdvisor.com and other web sites (kayak et al) and found all of the in-park accommodations were full. We expanded our distance and found the Lamp Lighter Inn was highly rated and a very good rate (less than $85 with tax) although we opted for a "garden view" room for a couple of extra dollars. Warning: it is about 120 miles round trip to the parks so allow about two extra hours to get there and back.

We got to Visalia late and the hotel desk was still open but we had to communicate through a secure window and drawer. Even though it was a garden view, it had highway noise at 6 AM. The rooms near the front (we stayed in 201) can hear the road noise but rooms further back should be quiet. There is no elevator to the second floor which is not a problem for us. If you have issues ask for the first floor. The room was air conditioned and also had a ceiling fan that was whisper quiet on low speeds but did buzz a bit on the highest speed. The TV was a tube and had 60 or so cable channels to include most of the middle grade ones (Animal Planet, Discovery, History, Speed...) but I don't recall premium movie channels (HBO or Showtime). If you need those you should check. Good reception but it was low definition. I trust as the TVs die or they have extra money they are being replaced by digital flat screen LCD units.

The linens were of good quality. Cleaning crew did a great job. The bathroom had a few issues such as the lower part of the door needs to be painted and the shower hooks tended to pop open an let the curtain droop when they were pulled. Toilet had a multi flush capability and if you don't hold down the handle it saved water and was really quiet. A full flush worked well. The shower delivered lots of water so you could bathe quickly should you want to. Shower head was about 5' 9". The sink, which was outside the toilet and bath room, had adequate counter space for multiple people.

There was an iron and ironing board and a hair dryer. The room was large and the beds were decent, though people obviously sit on the edges to watch TV instead of in the chairs. Our room had a patio door out onto the balcony and room darkening drapes. The room layout was not optimal. The TV and desk were too far from the front door so the chair was against the bathroom door which required navigating around it in the middle of the night. It almost seemed somebody put up a mirror in a bad spot and that dictated the rest of the layout or perhaps the layout worked for the king bed but not the two queen layout.

There is an ice machine by the pool. We didn't swim but the temperature seemed good (September 1). We just didn't find enough time. There was some trash around the pool in the morning thanks to some less than nice guests. The grounds were well maintained. I didn't look into exercise facilities. There is a restaurant but we didn't try it out.

Even given the few flaws we added an extra day because we wanted another day to see the second largest tree in the world (which is in Kings Canyon vs. the largest which is in Sequoia). The Lamp Lighter is aspiring to be a convention center. They are trying hard so if you have a group of 100 or so people they seem like a great choice given the cost and facilities. The place really deserves a 3 1/2 but tripadvisor doesn't allow that. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the perfect place for us after a day in Sequoia National Park. Our room was nice and overlooked the pool and beautiful grounds. The pool was very welcome after a long and hot day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The inn is just off the freeway, but is also a short drive from the restaurants on Main Street. We had a very pleasant stay and also recommend their bar and grill for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!