“Wonderful Place People & Pet Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Wonderful Place People & Pet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We love coming here and look forward to each time we go, even our dog Winchester enjoys it. The people that work there are very nice and friendly, if they are not there when we check in they make it a point to come and find winchester and say hi and he loves seeing Ms. Kourtney that works in the office. The food has always been wonderful and the place is always clean and beautiful. We would not stay anywhere else when in this area. There is even a large area for your pets to play and get some outside time. The most important thing to me is how a place treats my baby Winchester our dog) and the lamp liter has always treated him like one of us family.

Room Tip: All the different rooms we have stayed in over the years have been very nice always clean and fresh...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn a couple of weeks ago on a business trip after reading the reviews here. It came down to the #1 rated hotel and the #2 rated hotel (the Lamp Liter) and we choose the Lamp Liter for two reasons. 1) it looked from the maps that the Lamp Liter would have better parking facilities for larger vehicles 2) with the economy in bad shape and small businesses struggling, we felt that patronizing a small, independent business instead of a large corporate chain was the way we wanted to spend our dollars.

The rooms are in need of updating, but the beds were certainly comfortable and everything was impeccably clean. The front desk staff was perfectly professional and welcoming. The grounds are fabulous, as other reviewers have noted. Do ask for one of the rooms with a "Garden view". The ones on the ground floor right near the garden areas made us happy travelers.

There are larger suite-cottages but they don't seem to be listed on the website or on any of the booking services. (Lamp Liter Inn management, if you are reading this..you REALLY need a newer and better website.)

There is no continental breakfast here but there is a restaurant on property that serves very good food, the portions are enormous so you can easily split many of the meals. The free WiFi worked fine, although the signal strength was not fabulous even though I was barely 25' away from the lobby. My only complain was that my room featured a shower only and no sit-down tub, which if I'd known that I'd have asked for a room with a tub.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a Garden View. Also make sure your room has a tub if that's important to you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I had a very enjoyable visit to the Lamp Liter Inn. My room on the ground floor was perfect for me and my little dog. The room was clean and comfortable and there was a coffee pot. The landscaping of the grounds was very well attended and looked pretty. If the weather was warmer I would have enjoyed the pool. There was a cafe for breakfast and I could walk there from my room in a minute. I was perfectly happy for two days. I appreciate that the Lamp Liter Inn is a dog friendly hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My son looked up this motel - hotel on google search when I was on my way to Visalia, CA.
Older construction well kept (Very Clean) Lots of large Vehicle Parking with Great service and
Restaurant food is top notch for family to adults, with many amenities. Great Value

Room Tip: The Queen size beds are great. Restaurant is great for family with separate bar area for adults. F...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lakewood, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were so pleased with being upgraded to the cottage for our stay. Six of us were celebrating my parents 66th wedding anniversary so having the cottage was a wonderful blessing. We enjoyed sitting in the living room, around the fireplace hearing stories from our parents. The cottage is just lovely as are the grounds around it. The Christmas decorations were up and there were still lots of flowers blooming. I would definately come back again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hawthorne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Another great stay at the Lamp Liter Inn! We come here a couple of times each year. Beautiful grounds, quiet and very clean rooms, pleasant staff. We travel with our dog and he is always welcome here. I just love seeing the morning room crew walking around with their clipboards. They really care about their establishment. There is a very nice banquet at the Inn on Thanksgiving Day with all the trimmings. Great parking, easy freeway access, close to Downtown Main Street shopping, theaters, dining, and cool antique shops. Although I don't personally use the pool much, it is a beautiful centerpiece in the garden. There is a coffee shop on the property.

Room Tip: For a little more space, reserve one of the two cottages in the center of the garden grounds. For a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Room was clean and fairly spacious. My only negative comment has to do with the bathroom wall receptacle. When I shaved, I had to hold the plug with one hand. I like the fact it has easy access to Hwy 198 and Hwy 99. Would consider staying there again. We were in room 210.

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility choose a ground floor unit
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!