“thanksgiving day visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

You added Lamp Liter Inn to your Saves list
Lamp Liter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 W. Mineral King Ave, Off Highway 198, Visalia, CA 93291   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Folsom, California
“thanksgiving day visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Room was clean and fairly spacious. My only negative comment has to do with the bathroom wall receptacle. When I shaved, I had to hold the plug with one hand. I like the fact it has easy access to Hwy 198 and Hwy 99. Would consider staying there again. We were in room 210.

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility choose a ground floor unit
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We've stayed at this facility quite a few times over the years and have always found it to be comfortable, clean and convenient.
It's an older property - we've been coming here for 40 years or so! - but is always in good repair. The rooms could use a little updating, and the desk clerk told me that new managment will be working on the rooms. They're more than adequate as they are now...always clean and comfortable. (Our TV was a bit on the "elderly side" and not very good in the areas of color and focus, but not a problem for us.)
The grounds are the real draw for this location. Beautiful gardens with a variety of trees, plants and grassy areas. There is a walking trail just behind the hotel - along a creek. Not picture-perfect scenery-wise, but a fine place for a little exercise and fresh air.
The pool is very large and well maintained. Clean and clear.
We did not eat at the on-site restaurant, but have found it to be pretty good in the past. Standard coffee shop fare at a reasonable price.
We've attended a number of events here. Class reunions, etc. The meeting and banquet rooms are large, and the service has been excellent.
The hotel is just a short drive from the Sierras with easy access to several major national parks - Sequoia, Mineral King, etc.
We'll definitely be back when we're in the Visalia area of the great San Joaquin Valley of Central California.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a "garden view". A very pleasant way to wake up. There are also...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I'm going to agree with everyone who says the Lamp Liter is a wonderful place. The staff is courteous, the gardens beautiful. They host a lot of family reunions & wedding receptions. Built in the 60's, it is sparkling clean and quiet, even tho it is next to a busy through-town freeway. We got a room by the pool for a couple of nights while visiting family in the area. Comfortable beds & they even still use fitted sheets! The restaurant is a charming vision of coffe shops from the past, clean with good food and service. It's not brand new, so don't expect whirlpool tubs & granite, but for the money I couldn't have been happier. Will definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms by the pool allow you to easily access the grounds.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
north yorshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

value for money, clean and most comfortable place to stay. If you want to smoke just go outside your door where there is a seat and ashtray, and leaves your room smoke free. very useful.

Room Tip: ground level is best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I came to stay on a Sunday night .I come on business often .Monday morning I came in and the restaurant sevice was really bad .I had a older lady with red hair wait on me .It took 20 minutes before she got to my table and there was only 2 people in the restaurant .she was rude when taking order .I will never stay in hotel again .she never came back to bring me coffee she was to busy talking to staff joking and laughing I thought the customer comes first .and I was a good paying
customer the night shifts when I stay there are great I have been staying for years in hotel off and on and had this problem with that lady and her service .my company will be going else where .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
rdwarriorcal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We spent an evening in Visalia at the Lamp Liter and enjoyed its location, friendly staff and beautifully kept grounds. It is an older property that is nicely kept. The plumbing in our room looked freshly remodeled. We couldn't have asked for a nicer room. Our rate was $69 + tax coming out to a few pennies over $75. As we were checking out, we found out that for $75 + tax we could have had a microwave, fridge and king sized bed instead of two queens. Although the fridge would have been nice, we really didn't need it, even for the small $6 upgrade. WiFi worked just fine.

The property backs on the Mill Creek trail, and it is a nice amble. Visalia was really warm, so the short walk (wouldn't call it a hike) along the entire stretch of the trail was just right.

We'll stay at the Lamp Liter again, given the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've got to thank everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff for making our 2011 Ayala/Gonzales Family Reunion another success! You are very accomadating for all of our needs and your Banquet facilities had an amazing and delicious dinner for us as usual. I Think your Inn has become as much apart of our reunion as anything else. Looking forward to seeing you in 3 years, until then your future guest will enjoy your clean rooms and low prices. A special thanks goes out to Richie Frausto who was very helpful to our family, but I think may have been adopted into our family over our Labor Day weekend Reunion. That's how nice and helpful the staff is to us and their guests. I hope you have recovered from our visit, so rest up and get ready for us in 2014!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lamp Liter Inn? Share your experiences!